Chapter 55

"So..."

"So I mean that MAYBE...he let you in and treated you nice because...he actually just really likes you?", Charles tried to be as soft as possible telling her this.

"But...I...noo. Not Erik. Erik may find me attractive and is a bit of a charmer but he does that to every woman.", she shook her head, her soft curls swaying lightly.

"Love? Do you...do you like Erik?", he asked her, looking her straight in the eye.

"Of course. He's my friend.", she answered innocently.

"I know but...do you...love Erik?", he tried again.

It was okay for him in that moment. He'd still had his dinner with her and knew he had at least somewhat of a chance no matter how she felt about his best friend.

This was difficult indeed. He did not know about her ability to love. What and how it really felt like for her. How she saw things. How she dealt with these things.

"Of course I do. I just told you, Charles!", she pleaded.

He sighted.

All he wanted to do was to find out if she actually felt it. Love. And if she did, did she know it?

"So you love Erik?"

"Yes. And I love you. And Peter. And all the kids and-"

He groaned, interrupting her. This was more difficult than he'd thought.

"No no no. Wait. Do you. LOVE him?", he spoke again, making sure to really emphasize. 

She blinked a few times.

He looked into her eyes expectantly. His perfect blue's pressuring her even more.

"Yes? I don't get you Charles.", she huffed exhausted and left her head hanging.

"Like...", he ran out of ideas now, "Do you love him and Peter differently?"

"Yes i do. I mean...Peter is like a child for me. He's my boy. Erik is..."

"Yes? What is he, love?", Charles tried to push her.

"Uh...Erik is...", she was confused now, frowning.

"I'm confused about my non existent feelings Charles..", she whispered and looked as if she was about to cry.

"That's okay Baby. That's okay. We will fix it. No worries.", his hand cupped her cheek now, while his other was still holding her hand.

He had crouched down in front of her.

"You know, your feelings aren't non-existent. You..you don't really recognize them. They are still all there. I'll help you sort them out, okay?"

He had such a soft heart in that moment. Laying everything out for her. One hand on her knee as the other stroke his hair back. Had it become hotter in this room?

"Alright.", she nodded bravely, turning her head to flee his piercing eyes. 
She felt stupid and small. This seemed to be so easy for everyone else. She wasn't stupid. She knew what he meant. She had read all the classics. From Romeo and Juliette to Jane Eyre to Anna Karenina. She knew what love was supposed to feel like. She just didn't for the life of her know what kind of feeling she held for Lehnsherr. Or anyone for that matter.

"So we have different kinds of love, okay? Like you love Peter as a child, and Raven as a friend. Do you love Erik like you love Raven or differently?"

She blinked. Then frowned.

"I don't...it's...I love him like I love you.", she stated honestly, staring right at him.
He went silent. Looking back at her.

God what a magnificent creature she was.

He felt like teaching an angel. A being that was above him and still had to learn about being human.

God she looked beautiful.

"And how is that?", he asked softly.
"How I love you?"
"Yes...", he whispered, his eyes gazing at hers.
"Like...", she frowned, thought for a while.

He watched her closely.

Then she moved forward, looking down at him as her hand cupped his face and planted the softest kiss on his lips.
Charles froze. He wanted to pull his hand away from hers but she squeezed it and in that moment he closed his eyes too, standing up.

They didn't part and he simply leaned over her now, moaning silently and kissing her back. He'd waited an eternity for this.

He had thought about doing this since he'd seen her on one of her missions, long before he got her to his school.
It felt wonderful. Perfect. He kissed her back so eagerly and had to concentrate way to much on keeping himself tame. 
He-

And with that she pulled away and looked at him, with her big, dark eyes.
Charles still leaned over her. His hands left and right of her, on the table behind her.

"I...", he started, still a bit out of breath.

"Like this." she stated, as if nothing had happened.

"Excuse me?", he asked, his thoughts still lingering on their kiss

"This is how I feel about the two of you. But also like friends.", she whispered back.

"Just like I thought...Um...I...", he ruffled through his hair, looking around nervously, trying to suppress his grin, "Can i...", he gestured at her face, "Can we do...that...like...again?"

Before she could even react he'd leaned into her, his lips reconnecting with hers and she moaned from the surprise and eagerness of his kiss as he groaned softly, his hand in her hair now.

As he pulled away he stared at her, smiling brightly now. Their foreheads still touched and he held her close at the back of her head.

"Sorry just...That was great. You're great.", he stood up fully now, his hands in his pockets, smiling to himself in bliss.
She stared at him. Her hair ruffled and her gaze a bit confused.

"You're...great too?", she whispered softly, tilting her head.

He chuckled.

"Is..are you okay?", he asked, the smile not leaving his face.

"I think so. My tummy feels strange but i think it's...?", she asked, not fully finishing the question, just looking up at him.

"Yeah. Yeah it's...It's normal.", he reassured her, feeling butterflies himself.

The school bell rang and both of them looked up.

"Damn...I gotta go love.", Charles muttered, looking at his watch as he rushed to the door.

"Mister Xavier!", she cried softly, still not moving.

"Yeah sweetheart?", he still grinned. Still grinned like and idiot. As if it was his first kiss.

"This hasn't helped me at all! What About my moral complexities? What about Erik?"

"I don't know?",he shrugged, "I wouldn't tell him. It could get in handy on one of his bad days!"

"Oh...okay?"

"Okay love, Gotta go. I will see you around!", he called after her, disappearing in the hallway.

She was left there, frowning, her finger softly gliding over her bottom lip.

"Love...", she muttered to herself.
Confused and helpless.