58.

*Brady's POV*

I am exhausted.

Completely and utterly exhausted.

And after the Twilah Drama last night, mildly hung over.

With a small child jumping on my chest.

"Bubby!" Layton yelled as he dropped down again.

I let out a small grunt and flipped him to his back. "Dude, you're going to break my sternum."

"Bubby, you have wedding today!" He screamed.

I sat up and pulled him in to my lap. "Yes buddy, I do. Do you remember your job?"

"Give uncle Nate rings and stand with B and Twap."

"Good boy." I smiled.

"I give Daddy rings at wedding?"

"No kid." Drake came walking into the living room with Nate. "You're going to be much more than the ring bearer if Mama says yes."

"I not wear tie though." He shook his head.

"Listen kid." Nate picked him up and set him on his shoulders. "If Mama says yes, and tells you you're wearing a tie, you're wearing a tie."

Layton groaned. "We go to the place now?"

"Yes Buddy, but you are going to ride with me." Nate looked up at him. "Daddy wants to talk to Bubby."

"Bye Daddy. Bye Bubby." Layton smiled at Nate carried him out.

I took a deep breath and slid my shirt on. "What'd I do?"

"You didn't do anything." He laughed. "Myra called me this morning and wanted me to make sure you're alright. Nate is handling the kiddos so the girls can help Lacey, groomsmen are making sure everything is in place. Coop and Jord and helping Hoover and Olivia with the food right now, and being the one with an absentee parent, you're stuck with me."

I sighed and shook my head. "Dude, I don't even know what the hell that was. Like, I never expected her to just, show up. Like, did Mike ever just, randomly show up?"

"I actually asked my mom about it a little while ago, like, when Ryan showed up. She said once. When I was 13, I think she said. They just got home from taking Taylor to a doctor's appointment, and he was just, at my house while we were at school. And my mom tried to handle it, and the dad went in on him, and that was it."

"How would you have handled last night?"

"I don't know." He shook his head. "I feel like, it is a bit different because I knew Mike, he was around for 8 years. I want to say I would've just, asked him why, why he felt the need to leave all of us, but I know deep down that everything I saw my mom go through, her breaking, going dark, shutting down would pop into my head and I'd snap like you did. But Nate did tell me what you said to her." He nodded. "And you're right. You have a mom. An amazing one. You don't need to feel guilty about what you said. It's how you feel. No one gets to take that from you."

"Are you going to say all this to Layton some day?" I raised my eyebrows.

"When Myra is ready to tell him and if wants to talk to me about it, yeah." He nodded. "I uh. I don't know how that whole thing is going to happen. That's her decision. But I'm going to try to handle it the best way I know how."

"And how is that?"

"The Johnny way." He shrugged. "You and, hell Mitch and Riken too. We didn't have it very easy when it came to our parents. But we got pretty lucky with the ones who stepped up. I'd be no where without him. So, I'm going to be for Layton what Johnny is for me. And what Mary is for you. A life line."