47.

*Cooper's POV*

All I am going to say is that it's about damn time Micha and Hope admitted it.

What's it been, like, 8 years?

But right now, it's 7:30.

Myra sold all the baked good like 3 hours ago, the majority of us are sitting around the fire waiting for the fireworks to start.

Blake and Riken have Layton and Josh building a fort in the woods behind the campers.

Micha took Hannah for a walk to get ice cream.

Jord has Rylah and Amaya climbing him like a tree.

Drake went for a walk with Jules and Tracy.

And I, have Lilah sitting in my lap roasting a marshmallow as my phone is going off.

I shifted to get it out of my pocket and answered.

C; Hello.

#; Hello, is this Cooper McCullough?

C: It is, can I ask who is calling?

#; My name is Kevin O'Connell. I'm the head coach for the Minnesota Viking. I know it's a holiday but I was wondering if you could spare a minute of your time?

Holy fuck.

I can not tell you the speed my heart is beating right now.

C; Uh, yes. Just one moment please.

I nudged Lilah and put my phone on mute. "Babe, can you get up for a minute. I'll only be a second."

"Yeah." She smiled and kissed my cheek before she got up.

I got up and walked over to the little pond across the road from the camp.

C; I'm sorry. Just wanted to step away from the noise. What can I do for you?

#; Well, I've reviewed your application, and all though we normally offer internships in the spring, we just lost one of our trainers, and I have a great reference from one of my players for you, he says you know his limits, regimines, everything. So I'd like to offer you the job if you're willing to relocate from North Carolina to Minnesota.

I cleared my throat.

C; My application?

#; Yes, your application you sent with Mitchell Adams at the beginning of the summer.

Fucking Mitch, I swear to god I love him so much.

C; You're aware I'm fresh out of college, correct?

#; I am. You just finished your masters and certifications, you took your BOC and passed with flying colors. I've talked to your professors, your high school coaches and health teachers, and Mitchell, and I think you'd be a great addition to our team and staff Mr. McCullough.

C; I would be glad to work for you Coach O'Connell.

#; Well that's fantastic. If you wouldn't mind coming to the stadium next Saturday, I'd love to meet you in person. Mitchell will be present, and I'd like to ask you a few questions.

C; I will absolutely be there.

#; Perfect. How does 6:00 PM sound?

C; Sounds great. Thank you so much.

#; No, thank you kid. You're really saving my ass. Mitchell gives my trainers problems and if he says you know how to handle him, you're definitely useful. Have a great rest of your weekend Mr. McCullough, I look forward to meeting you.