17. Understood?

Monday, October 26

4:24 PM

Cillian's POV

The last thing I'd ever imagine myself doing was this.

My hands gently held onto Jeane's hips, carefully pulling her closer as she leaned into the kiss. I could taste her cherry chapstick, her skin warm and soft against mine. It was a feeling that I wanted constantly, never feeling like I could have enough of it.

I smiled against her lips, always recognizing the way she gave me permission to slip my tongue in with a just a soft moan; if only she knew what she did to me.

The minute I saw her walk into the classroom - drenched in water after walking through the rain, early but not 'early enough'. The way she ignored me the first day; not even bothering to introduce herself. I knew that she was going to be a problem, that was she going to drive me crazy. And she did.

Her innocent eyes always seemed to be looking over at me, begging for approval during each lesson. I don't know why, but she always caught my eye. She always stood out. Even among the crowded auditorium I noticed her, sitting alone, waiting for someone - me - to sit beside her.

I wonder if she knows how much I think about her?

My thoughts were quickly interrupted when our lips were no longer touching, when she was talking to me.

"You have to promise me something," she whispered, our faces only inches away. I gazed up at her, hearing her breath slightly hitch once we made eye contact.

My hands moved from her hips to her thighs, gently massaging them as she spoke. I loved watching the way her eyes would flutter shut when I touched her in places I knew that she liked, or when her mouth would slightly fall open once my fingers finally reached the places where she wanted them to be.

"You have to stay away from her." she said, her soft voice sounding much more stern - she was demanding it, not telling me, not suggesting.

"Who?" I asked, giving her a subtle smile, playing dumb.

I knew exactly who she was talking about; Alison. Alison Elles, my teaching assistant.

"Come on, you know." Jeane mumbled, looking away from me, her hair gently falling in front of her face as she turned her head.

"I'm afraid I don't." I shook my head, slowly moving a hand from her thigh and over to her face, brushing the hair away from it. Her cheeks were red and her lips were, too.

"Miss Elles." she said, turning back to me, biting her bottom lip shyly yet she never looked up at me. Her head stayed down, embarrassed.

"Jeane," I whispered, my hand now gently holding her cheek, my thumb rubbing against her soft skin, bringing her head up so she'd look at me. "You don't have to worry about her, you know."

She rolled her eyes, her body shuffling backwards, attempting to get off of my lap but my hand placed against her thigh held in her place.

"What you do with her says otherwise, you know." she mocked slowly standing up, getting off of my lap and reaching for her shirt that lay on the floor. I understood why she was upset, but it was something that I didn't want to admit to her. Or even mention.