10. Attention

September 15

4:13 PM

"Don't speak." Mr. Murphy whispered in my ear, his hand still placed against my mouth. I slowly nodded, although I knew that there was no other option.

I swallowed, following his eyes as they looked at the handle of the door, reaching over to quietly lock it in order to make it impossible for Miss Elles to come in. I was just shocked that it was unlocked in the first place.

"I don't need those right now," he called out, "Can you bring them back later?" he asked, his hand slowly moving from my mouth, but to my neck instead. His hand gently held my neck where his thumb brushed against my jaw, I swear I was going to melt right then and there.

"You told me to bring them to you today," she protested, "I want to talk to you too." she said, though I could tell she was teasing him by the way her voice went higher, drawing out the 'too'. I bit my bottom lip, resisting the urge to say something. I wanted her to know that it was me in his office, it was me that he wanted.

I looked into his eyes, though they stayed fixated on the handle. He titled his head back, cursing slightly under his breath, before looking back at me.

"Can you stay here?" he whispered to me, tilting his head to the side, "I'll only be a few minutes." he assured me, starting to nod as I started to nod too, following what he was doing. He smiled, "Thank you."

He moved his hands from my neck and waist, stepping back from me. I didn't realize how hard he had me pushed up against the door until he wasn't anymore. I immediately missed the way his hands felt touching me; the way his fingers toyed with the waistband of my pants as his lips kissed my neck.

I stepped away from the door, allowing him to slowly slip outside to talk to Miss Elles as I patiently waited inside his office. I sighed to myself, glancing around the room, looking at tests being graded, essays in piles - it just hit me that my professor was doing these things to me in his office. I don't know how we would ever get out of this.

The minute I heard Miss Elles voice behind the door, I carefully placed my ear against it, needing to hear their conversation. I know I wasn't supposed to, but there were a lot of things I knew I shouldn't be doing.

"I missed you," she whispered, "Are you busy tonight.." she trailed off. I assumed that Mr. Murphy had told her to be quiet, or he shut her up by kissing her. I rolled my eyes, shaking my head, but still felt the urge to further listen to their conversation.

"I'm busy tonight," he said in response, "What about tomorrow?" he asked, his voice sounded the same way it did when he was talking to me, when he had me pushed up against the door five minutes ago.

You got to be fucking kidding me. In front of me?!

I decided that what I heard was enough. I pulled myself away from the door and decided to sit down at one of the chairs in the office. I looked around the room, crossing my arms over my chest as I waited for their god awful conversation to end. Nothing was this important to talk about.

After a few minutes I heard the sound of Miss Elles high heels trail off and the quiet sound of the doorknob moving and it opening. I looked over my shoulder at Mr. Murphy where he held the papers, walking over to his desk and tossing them on it.