13. Pictures

October 23

9:58 PM

"You're never honest with me." Cillian said, breaking the silence that had fallen upon us as we drove away after the encounter with Grace's friend.

I bit my tongue, not daring to say what I actually wanted to say. There were too many things to say, too many things that he's done wrong; not being honest with me was just one among many of them.

"I didn't know that she was going to be there," I shook my head, glancing over at him, "Just like you, I don't want to get caught doing anything. But you insisted on taking me out in a public place."

My eyes remained fixated on him, waiting for his reaction. It was unusual for me to ever speak my mind to him, I wasn't sure of how he'd react. I watched as his jaw shifted before he spoke.

"You didn't know that a waitress was going to be there?" he asked, looking over at me which made me feel immediately foolish. "She seemed to know you well enough to come and say something to you."

"I barely know her!" I pleaded, shaking my head but he only could roll his eyes in return. I didn't know that someone as old as he was could be so childish.

I sighed, crossing my arms and leaning my head against the window while I waited for him to drop me back off at my dorm, yet he drove right passed it, causing me to lift my head up in confusion. He noticed.

"You said that you didn't want to go back yet, yeah?" he said to me, finally looking over at me - it was like all of my feelings came rushing back once we made eye contact again. Just exchanging a glance was all it took for me to be feeling the way I did when we first met.

"I know," I nodded, "But where are we going?" I looked outside again, attempting to make out any familiar things but the night sky made it almost impossible for me to recognize a single thing. Maybe he was kidnapping me.

"My house," he said, turning the steering wheel while we turned down a side road, headlights illuminating the street; a completely foreign location. Somewhere I'd never been, not even where Sam would take me.

"Your house?" I questioned, feeling taken aback. I couldn't believe that he wanted me at his house. It felt good to know that he wanted me there, but felt out of place - a student going to their professors house? Although most things that happened to use were out of place.

"Is there a problem?" Cillian asked, looking back at over me, raising his eyebrows slightly in response to my question. I shook my head.

"You live pretty close by," I said noticing that we had only been driving for a few minutes, probably not even twenty minutes.

He shrugged, turning down another street. "I guess I do," he looked back over at me, "Where do you live?"

"Far away," I said, looking out of the window. "Three or four hours away."

He nodded, taking in what I had just said before finally pulling into a driveway. I carefully got out of the car, looking up at his house before over at him. I joined him, walking alongside him as we got to the front door of his house. He opened the door for me, gently placing his hand on the small of my back as we walked inside. I looked around as he turned on few lights. It was exactly what I expected his house to look like; sophisticated and organized, yet warm.