3.5 - Friday nights alright for fighting

Lorelai and Rory were speaking again and Avery felt a tad guilty admitting it, but she kind of wished they wouldn't have made up

Lorelai and Rory were speaking again and Avery felt a tad guilty admitting it, but she kind of wished they wouldn't have made up. It sounds bad, but now she was the odd one out.

Her mother and sister spent every moment together trying to make up for lost time. Avery had no interest in so much as being in the same room as Rory, but now she hardly ever got to see her mom.

The youngest Gilmore kept telling herself it was okay though, it wasn't forever. The excitement of Rory being back in Lorelai's life would wear off and Avery would get more time with her mom. Until then, Avery had her friends.

These were the moments Avery cherished the most, her and her friends lounging around the girl's apartment. Rosemary was sitting on the couch watching a movie, Colin and Robert were arguing about god knows what, Finn was on the phone trying to score a date, and Avery and Logan were sitting on floor by the coffee table playing cards.

They were all doing their own things, but they still just enjoyed being in each others company. Everything about it felt like home to Avery Gilmore.

"Gin" Logan said with a victorious smirk on his face.

Avery scrunched her nose "we were playing Gin?"

"What did you think we were playing?" Logan asked her.

"Go fish? I don't know" Avery shrugged

"Melissa's a poetry major, somebody give me a sonnet" Eveyone turned their attention to Finn, who was still on the phone.

"There once was a girl from Nantucket" Colin suggested

Finn scoffed and rolled his eyes "Stop it, Colin. I'm not trying to propose"

"There's a book of poems on the bookshelf. Go nuts" Avery said, pointing toward the shelf.

Finn grabbed the book and walked into the kitchen and everyone went back to what they were doing.

"Why would we be playing go fish?" Logan asked Avery, returning to their previous conversation.

"Why would we be playing Gin?" The brunette retorted.

Finns voice echoed from the kitchen "help. I think I chose a bad poem, she's crying"

"Try the one on page 72" Avery called back to him

home

***

Lorelai Gilmore shifted uncomfortably in her seat at the dining table in Richard and Emily Gilmores house. She and Rory had gone to Friday night dinner for the first time in weeks.

She couldn't say things had gone very well tonight, but at the same time it wasn't the worst dinner they had ever had. They went from fighting to laughing...but then Emily asked the question Lorelai was hoping she would avoid

"Where's Avery?"

Lorelai thought about asking Avery to come to dinner, but she knew her youngest daughter wouldn't want to. She was perfectly aware of the falling out the twins had. There was no point in forcing Avery into this situation.

"She didn't want to come and I wasn't gonna force her" Lorelai glances across the table at Rory and watches her roll her eyes.

"Well, why not?" Emily questioned

Lorelai sent her mother an incredulous look "Why should she? You and dad don't pay any attention to her. She and Rory aren't talking because quite frankly Rory hasn't been a great sister."

Rory looks at her mom as Lorelai continues "I haven't been talking to her because I've been to distracted with Rory. Do you want me to keep going, because I definitely can"

The rest of the dinner was completely silent.

***

Avery nervously wiped her palms on her pants before walking up to the reception desk "Hi, I have a meeting with Mr. Campbell"

The woman sitting at the desk looked at Avery with a small smile "okay. What's your name?"

"Avery Gilmore"

"Okay, Miss Gilmore. Mr. Campbell is finishing up another meeting and will be out shortly" The woman told her.

Avery nodded and took a seat, taking the time to calm her nerves. Wilson Campbell was one of the most renowned publishers there was...and Avery had a meeting with him.

For the past few months, despite everything that had happened, Avery had been working on her first manuscript. She mostly kept it to herself in fear that she would fail. The only person that knew what was going on was Jess.

Avery felt bad keeping her friends and her mom in the dark. But she felt as though the rejection would be earlier to swallow if nobody knew she was trying to get published in the first place. The only reason she told Jess was so he could help her proofread everything.

Avery was snapped out of her thoughts as a door opened and Mr. Campbell stepped on not the waiting area. "Miss Gilmore, I'm ready for you"

Fingers crossed.

A/N - Sorry...I've been stupid busy. But I'm back!! The next chapter will be longer, I promise.