8 - They shoot Gilmores, Dont they?

Avery was at her locker in Chilton when Tristan came up to her, leaning against the locker next to hers and holding his arms out slightly

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

 Avery was at her locker in Chilton when Tristan came up to her, leaning against the locker next to hers and holding his arms out slightly. Avery smiles at him as she starts handing him her books. "What are we doing this weekend?" Tristan asks her "Depends, how do you feel about dancing?" She asks him "I'm indifferent, why?" he shrugs

"The Stars Hollow dance marathon is this weekend. I was hoping you would agree to be my partner," She tells him, while closing her locker and trying to take her books back from him only for him to shake his head and start walking to their next class "Stars Hollow has a dance marathon?"

Avery nods her head "Stars Hollow has an event or celebration for basically everything," she tells him "Right. Yeah, I'll be your partner. How long is it?" He asks "24 hours. Don't worry I have no intentions of winning, I just thought it would be fun to participate at least a little bit," She tells him "24 hours?" Tristan asks with wide eyes "Yeah, take a guess at who wins every year,"

"Kirk?" Avery nods "He's such a strange person," Tristan says. "That he is. My mom has been wanting to win for years. Kirk either beats her or she cant find a partner," Avery tells him. The boy chuckles and shakes his head. "You have such an interesting life,"

***

The morning of the dance marathon, Lorelai and Rory are walking down the sidewalk toward the high school with Tristan and Avery slowly trailing behind them. Tristan was basically holding the girl up while she rested her head on his shoulder. "I love this weird town with their weird event," Tristan says, earning a tired grumble from Avery in response. The boy smiles down at her as they reach the entrance of Stars Hollow high, where Babette sat at the sign in table.

"Morning Babette," Lorelai says to her neighbor "Morning sugar. You guys look terrific," Babette says, looking between the four of them. "Thanks" Lorelai says before turning to Avery and Tristan. "I'll sign you guys in. You go down to Miss Patty's" Tristan nods and Ushers Avery down the side walk

"You know, this was your idea," Tristan tells the girl "Well next time tell me no" She says groggily. He chuckles, "You wouldn't listen to me if I told you no," he tells her. Avery hums "You make a valid point"

The two of them get to Miss Patty's where they see Lane stirring a big bucket of something as Rory walks up beside them "Do you need some help, Lane?" The younger twin asks "Yeah, It's okay. I've got really good footing" Lane assures Avery. The girl smiles at her sister best friend

"What is that stuff?" Rory asks, examining the substance in the bucket. "Eggless egg salad. Though this year my mom added food coloring to make the egg-like product look more eggy," Lane tells them. Avery's nose scrunches and she turns toward Tristan "We should leave before Mrs. Kim comes back. I don't want another lecture from her,"

"Another lecture?" The boy asks with furrowed brows "Every time I see her she likes to lecture me on how much time I spend hanging out with a boy," Avery tells him, turning back toward Lane "I'll stop by later and say hi. Try not to lose your mind" With that the two walk away and head into the school's gymnasium.

they walk over to Luke's coffee table on the side of the dance floor and Avery smiles at the man "It's not ready yet," Luke tells her before she can get a word out "What do you mean it's not ready? It's six in the morning. Nothing says coffee like six in the morning." Avery tells him with a pout.

Luke sighs and hands her a thermos and the girls face lights up "You did not get this from me" He says. Avery walks around table and gives the man a hug "You're the best," She says pulling away "Yeah, yeah"

***

Fourteen hours have passed in the marathon. Everyone is tired and dancing slowly. Avery had her head leaned against Tristan's chest and her feet felt like they were bleeding. "Why." She grumbles "Why, what?" The boy asks, looking down at her "Why did I think this was a good idea?" She asks. Tristan laughs a bit "Because you grew up in Stars Hollow, this place makes all the weirdest things seem like good ideas,"

Avery laughs a little and tilts her head to look up at him. The girl couldn't help but admire him a little, there was no doubt that Tristan was attractive, but she never really took the time to fully appreciate just how attractive he really was. Avery just continued to look at him with a thoughtful expression. Tristan looked at her and opened his mouth to say something when suddenly a horn blares through the gym, causing both teens to snap out of their daze.

Avery jumps a little and clears her throat. "Oh god," She says "What?" The girl looks at her best friend with slightly wide eyes "It's the runaround." Tristan scrunches his nose "Runaround? That doesn't sound good,"

Avery shakes her head "It's not. I say we bail now otherwise that bleeding sensation I have in my feet will turn into actual blood. There's also a small chance we could get trampled," She tells him, quickly pulling him off the dance floor. "Ladies and Gentlemen, on your marks. . .get set. . .and go!" Taylor calls out. All of the dancers start running around in a circle in the gym.

Tristan looks down at Avery "Thank you for not making me do that," He tells her. "Round and round they go, but when the song stops, nobody knows! But the last five couples that finish behind the red line are automatically out, so hold onto your partner and move, move, move!" Taylor says. Avery looks at him and shakes her head "He gets way too much joy out of other people's misery,"

***

Twenty three hours have passed in the marathon. Avery was sitting on the bleachers with Tristan who was half asleep with his head on her shoulder. She watches as Lorelai gives her sister to Dean and walks off the dance floor, over to Luke. "Is it over yet?" Tristan asks "One more hour. You can go back to my place and get some sleep if you want," Avery tells him.

The blonde shakes his head "No, I can make it one more hour." Avery looks down at him and smiles "Sorry she can't. I'm not her boyfriend anymore," Avery snaps her head over at the sound of Dean's voice and watches as he steps away from Rory. "You don't want to be with me, Rory. You've been into him since he got to town, and I have spent weeks, months, actually, trying to convince myself that it wasn't true, that everything was fine between us. But now I know that I was an idiot. You're into him and he's into you, and Shane, who by the way, should be listening to this, cause it's so damn obvious."

"What's obvious? What did I do?" Rory asks, tears pricking her eyes. " Everyone can see, Rory! Everyone. And I'm tired, but I'm over it, so go ahead, go. Be together. There's nothing standing in your way now, cause I'm out." Dean snaps back, grabbing his jacket from the bleachers and walking out.

"You go talk to her, I'll find your mom," Tristan says. Avery nods and makes her way over to her sister. "Rory," She says softly, putting a hand on the girl's shoulder. Rory turns around and wraps her arms around Avery's waist, crying. "I messed up," The older twin cries. Avery stays silent and stands there holding her sister, caressing her hair.