3.4 - Let me hear you balalaikas ringing out

First thing the next morning, Logan called Colin to let him know what happened with Avery and Rory the night before

First thing the next morning, Logan called Colin to let him know what happened with Avery and Rory the night before. Without hesitation, Colin went over to Rosemary and Avery's apartment.

He knocked on the door and it opened by Rosemary almost immediately. When the redhead saw Colin standing there, she grabbed his wrist and yanked him into the apartment.

"I don't know what to do. I held her and consoled her last night. I let her cry, I tried to calm her down. But, god you- she's absolutely heartbroken, Colin" Rosemary ran a hand through her hair

Colin gave her a concerned look and Rosemary just pointed to Avery's bedroom. He nodded and walked over, slowly opening the door. His heart broke a little when he heard the quiet sniffles coming from her bed.

He closed the door behind him and walked over to her bed, laying on the opposite side she was on. Colin pulled Avery closer to him and wrapped his arms around her.

"I should've listened to you and just left it alone." The whispers "I talked to Tristan, I- I wanted closure and he told me what really happened."

Colin's heart clenched at how broken she sounded. He hated that he was right.

"Why would she- I'm her sister" Avery sobbed into Colin's chest.

What a shitty birthday this turned out to be

***

Avery lay in Colin's arms for a few more hours. She lay there crying until she had no tears left to cry. Eventually she had fallen asleep and now Colin was standing on the kitchen with Rosemary, Logan, Finn, and Robert.

"I really don't think this whole thing is a good idea anymore. Maybe we should postpone a few days." Rosemary said as Finn placed a bunch of liquor bottles on the counter.

"Maybe this is what she needs" Finn retorted "to get her mind off her retch of a si-" Logan gave Finn a look, cutting him off.

"What if we just do something else. She told me her original birthday plans, what if we just do that instead?" Colin suggested

Robert quirked a brow "What we're they?"

"Julia Roberts movie marathon and getting drunk. It's what her Tristan always planned to do before they stopped being friends" Colin explained

"Angel was boring before she met us," Finn groans "but if you think that's best, I suppose we can do that"

"No, I can handle a night celebrating my birthday with friends without crying" Their heads snapped over to see Avery standing in the doorway of her bedroom.

Avery watched as her friends faces fell when their eyes landed on her. Her eyes were red and puffy, her voice was coarse and she just looked emotionally drained.