2.15 - How many kropogs to Cape Cod

Avery sat at the dining table with Rory, Emily, and Richard

Avery sat at the dining table with Rory, Emily, and Richard. Lorelai wasn't there because she was still fighting with Emily about the Christopher situation from the vow renewal. Right now, Avery would kill to be in her mothers shoes. She would rather be anywhere else than seated at a table with Rory right across from her in her direct line of sight. The two girls still haven't spoken since the whole incident with Logan's family.

Rory was waiting for Avery to apologize, but Avery wasn't exactly holding her breath waiting for her sister to apologize. She knew Rory thought she was right in the situation and that Rory wasn't very keen on apologies in general seeing as it had taken her over three months to give a very half assed apology during their last blow up. "Tennis lessons? That sounds great, Grandma" Rory said

Avery gritted her teeth when her sister spoke, lately every time Rory opened her mouth, to Avery, it sounded like nails on a chalkboard. "I've always liked tennis. And I have to say, I'm excited by the prospect of getting some good, healthy exercise." Emily tells her granddaughters. Avery let herself space out of the conversation, the only thing snapping her out of her daze being the mention of the Huntzberger's "Uh, just a dinner Logan took me too," Rory said.

The younger twin frowned at the mention of the blonde. He had been spending a lot of time with Rory and since the sisters weren't speaking, it resulted in her hearing from or seeing him less and less throughout the past week. Yet again, Rory had successfully taken one of Avery's best friends away from her. She's clearly got a type.

"What about you Avery?" Avery snapped her head towards her grandmother "I'm sorry, what?" the girl asked "Are you seeing anyone?" Richard asked "Uh, yeah. Why?" Avery was scared of where this was going "Who?" Emily asks. "Colin McCrae. You're friends with his father" Avery says, turning to her grandfather "McCrae? That's fabulous. We'll invite him as well," Emily said, making Avery's eyes widen "Dinner?" She asked "Yes, haven't you been paying attention? We are having Logan over for dinner, we'll invite Colin too,"

At Emily's words, Avery turned and shot a glare at her sister. The poor boys already got roped into dating two of the Gilmore girls, the last thing they needed was to attend a Friday night dinner with Richard and Emily. "Sounds great, grandma," Avery said through gritted teeth, not removing her heated gaze from her sister.

***

"Hey, you remember how you love me?" Avery asked Colin on the phone as she walked into her dorm "Very vividly, yes," Colin responded with a small chuckle. "Okay, good. I need you to remember that when I say these next words," The girl told him "What did you do?" Avery sighs "I kind of accidentally got you invited to dinner with my grandparents," She tells him, earning a small groan from the boy on the other end of the line.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry. I was spaced out during dinner and when they asked me who I was dating, I told them because why would I lie? But, now we're stuck," She rambles "It's fine, Angel. I'll be there. I can survive one dinner with Richard and Emily Gilmore," Colin sighs. "Thank you. If it makes you feel any better, Logan has to come too," Avery tells him. "It does actually."