6 - Lazy-Hazy-Crazy days

A lot has happened in the last few months

A lot has happened in the last few months. Jess left, then he came back again, then left again. Lorelai graduated from business school, which Rory missed because she went to New York to see Jess. Sookie and Jackson got married. And now, summer was fast approaching for the Gilmore girls.

    Rory was going to spend a majority of the summer in DC with Paris. Avery and Tristan still had their trip to New Haven planned. Apparently his cousin was going to be attending Yale and he offered to give the two a tour. As for Lorelai, she was a little butt hurt both of her girls were going to be leaving her.

    "Hey, maybe I could come with you. We could be roommates," Lorelai suggested to Rory as the girl was packing "I already have to share a room with Paris," Rory says "Are you comparing me to Paris?" Lorelai scoffs "Yeah, now please let me pack. Go bother Avery," Rory tells her mother. Lorelai shrugs "Okay."

    Upstairs in Avery's room, she too was packing "Hey my sweets, how's it going?" Lorelai asks, walking in "Rory kick you out?" Avery asks, smirking at her mother "Yup. Are you excited?" Avery shrugs, "I guess so," She says. Lorelai sits down on the girls bed "Hey, don't overthink it. If Yale isn't for you, then that's fine. You'll find your place,"

    "Yeah," Avery sighs "So, what are you going to do while both of us are gone?" The girl asks her mother. "Me? I'm gonna party likes its 1984" Lorelai tells her "Last time you partied like it was 1984, I was created," Avery jokes "You are both so snippy today,"

"I wasn't being snippy"

***

    "Yale was founded in 1701 and is the third-oldest institute of higher education in the United states," Avery read as she sat in the car with Tristan on the way to New Haven. Tristan reached over and took the paper from the girl, tossing it into the back seat.

"Hey" Avery whines, trying to reach back and grab her paper "Will you stop reading random facts about the school," Tristan tells her, using one arm to push her back into her seat "I'm sorry. I'm just a bit nervous," She tells him, fidgeting with the ring on her finger "Nothing to be nervous about. It's just a tour,"

Avery sighs as she looks out the window "Look, If Yale isn't it, then we'll set up a tour at another school." Tristan tells her "What about you?" She asks. The boy glances at her, confused "What about me?" Avery rolls her eyes "Where do you want to go?" Tristan shrugs "I don't really know. This whole is for me just as much as it is for you,"

***

    The two had finally reached the school and were now standing at the front gates. The girl got a major feeling of Deja vu, this reminded her of when she stood at the Harvard gates with her mother and sister. Only this time, everything seemed less daunting. She didn't feel completely out of place, something about Yale felt more welcoming than Harvard and she was taking it as a good sign.

    "Tristan" A voice called out. The boy looked in the direction of the voice and saw his cousin and his friends. He grabbed Avery's hand, successfully snapping the girl out of her thoughts, and pulling her with him.

    "Hayden, this is my cousin Logan and his friends Colin and Finn," Tristan introduces "It's nice to finally meet you. We were beginning to think Tristan made you up," Logan says, flashing his cousin a teasing grin "These three are going to give the best tour of Yale you could possibly hope for," Tristan tells the girl. Avery smiles "We're gonna make sure Yale calls your name, Gilmore," Colin tells her.

    The group heads toward the campus courtyard talking and laughing. Tristan looks at his best friend and smiles. That hopeful sparkle in Avery Gilmore's eyes was starting to come back ever so slightly.

***

    "Well that concludes the Huntzberger, Morgan, McCrae tour of Yale university. What do you think?" Logan asks looking at Avery "I think you guys need to come up with a better name for your tour. That one is a mouthful" The girl tells them "Thank you for your input. Now, what do you think of the school?" Colin asks her. Avery smiles at him "It's nice"

"Nice? That's it?" Logan asks. Avery hums in response. Tristan looks at his cousin and friends "Give us a minute" They nod and step away and Tristan turns to Avery "Are you okay?" He asks her, "Yeah, I am actually."

"Well, what do you say, Hayden?" Tristan asks her with a smirk. The girl looks at him questioningly "You. Me. Yale. Are you in?" Avery glanced around once more and smiled to herself before turning back to Tristan and linking her arm with his

"You. Me. Yale. Let's do this."

The two of the walk over to the other three "Well? What's the verdict?" Logan questions, raising a brow "Can you hear Yale calling your name?" Colin asks. Avery smiles at them and nods "Yeah. I can hear it loud and clear," She tells them. Finn claps his hands together "Well then, I think this calls for a celebration."

***

    They pulled up to the Gilmore house in Stars Hollow as one Lorelai Gilmore came barreling out of the front door. The woman engulfed Avery and Tristan in big hugs before grabbing them by the wrists and dragging them into the house "I'm so happy you're back! Tell me everything about Yale,"

    "It was perfect. I didn't think it was possible to be so in love with a school." Avery gushed to her mom "So, you've decided on Yale?" Lorelai asks, "It's calling my name, mom." Lorelai smiled at her daughter "I'm glad you found your place, hun," She told Avery before turning to Tristan "What about you? Are you hearing Yale's call?" Tristan smiles at Lorelai "I definitely am,"