3.12 - Avery? Avery?

"Hello?"

"Hello?"

"Miss Gilmore, wonderful news. Our editors have reviewed your manuscript and loved it. We'd like to offer you a deal" A woman said over the phone

Avery froze "y-you want to publish my work?"

"Yes, Miss Gilmore"

***

Avery bursted into her mom's bedroom with wides eyes and big smile. "Mom, wake up"

"Wa- did you lose your virginity again?" Lorelai asked groggily

The youngest Gilmores face fell for a second before almost immediately returning to her happy expression.

"I'm getting published! I'm gonna be a published author" Avery exclaimed

Lorelai shot out of bed and tackled Avery into a hug. Literally tackled...they landed on the ground.

"This is incredible! I can't- wait did you drive all the way out here to tell me that?" Lorelai asked

Avery nodded as she stood up from the ground, reaching a hand out to help her mother "Yeah, I wanted you and Luke to be the first ones to know"

"Who'd you tell first?"

Avery stared at her mom for second before rushing toward the door "I need to get back to school now. Love you bye"

***

Avery stood at the coffee cart at Yale when she heard a voice behind her.

"There she is! The angel that walks amongst us mortals"

A large smile crept onto the girls face as she turned around "how ya doin, Finnie?"

"I'm better than ever. How are you?"

Avery paid the man working at the coffee cart and stepped out of the way before looking back at her Australian friend.

"I'm fine" she said

Finns smile faltered "Fine? Colin told me you got the publi- oh."

A sudden look of realization appeared on his face as the pair walked through the courtyard "it's because Colin isn't here"

Avery sighed "I haven't seen him in almost a year and now, one of the best things that could happen to me is happening and he's not here"

Finn swung his arm around Avery's shoulder and looked down at her "Well, you have me. And we are going to go celebrate"

"What did you have in mind?" Avery questioned hesitantly