1 - Sadie, Sadie...

Avery Hayden Gilmore was a force to be reckoned with

Avery Hayden Gilmore was a force to be reckoned with. If she had an opinion, she wouldn't hesitate to share it with you. If she wanted something, she would find a way to get it. From  the way her eyes lit up when she would talk about the latest book she had read to the bright smile on her face when she was working behind the counter at Luke's, the girl was passionate in the things she did and it was obvious to the people around her.

    'To define is to limit,' The picture of Dorian gray by Oscar Wilde. Avery's favorite book, and favorite author. They were words the girl lived by. Her sister, Rory, had a plan for herself. She was going to Harvard and she was going to become a journalist. Avery knew what she wanted in life, she wanted to be the best damn Avery Gilmore there ever was. She didn't want to push her limits, because she didn't want to have any limits.

***

    "I come here with no expectations, only to profess, now that I am at liberty to do so, that my heart is and always will be...yours" Avery read aloud. Lorelai listened intently to her daughter as she read. While the woman didn't fully understand her daughter's fascination with classic literature, she couldn't help the smile that made its way onto her face every time Avery read to her.

    Avery looked up from her book with a smile on her face and sparkling eyes. "Mom, if you ever catch me falling for someone who doesn't profess their love to me in a Jane Austen manner, make sure to pull me out of reality and back into my imagination," Lorelai smiled at her daughter "You got it kid. Only, 1800's romances for you."

"I'll also except a pretty woman moment." Avery says making her mom look at her confused "Someone climbing up my fire escape in the rain with roses to profess their love for me," the young Gilmore explains with a dreamy sigh. "Thank god. I thought you were telling me you wanted to be a prostitute," Lorelai says, letting out a sigh of relief.

***

    The three Gilmore girls were walking through Stars Hollow's town square discussing Lorelai's recent engagement to Max. "You should get married in Italy," Avery told her mother with a bright smile. "All the way from home, same topic," Lorelai said "There's tons of stuff going on in the world,"

    Avery and Rory glanced at each other before turning back to their mother "Like?" They asked in unison. Lorelai shivered "I hate when you guys do that, it's creepy." The twins rolled their eyes "Like, Balkans," Lorelai continued answering the previous question, "That was ages ago, read a paper," Rory said. Lorelai scoffed "Uh, they make my hands black,"

    "Oh, you should walk down the aisle to Frank Sinatra," Rory suggested, returning back to the topic of marriage. "With a huge bouquet of something that smells really good," Avery continued excitedly. "Pot Roast," the oldest Gilmore said dreamily. The youngest of the three looked at mother "I was thinking something more along the lines of dahlia's," She said before Rory stepped in again "And you should wear a long veil with your hair up,"