2.13 - Live and let diorama

"It's Avery, sorry I missed you

 "It's Avery, sorry I missed you. I probably just don't like you." Colin sighed as he listened to Avery's voicemail again. "Dude, stop. She'll call you when she's ready," Logan said as he watched his best friend put his phone down with a dejected expression on his face. "I just want to make sure she's alright," Colin told the blonde.

"She's fine. She went to her mom's" Logan told him "How would you know?" Colin asked, narrowing his eyes. Logan's eyes widened slightly as he sunk into his chair "Uh- because she called me," The blonde mumbled "She called you?"

"Yeah. She knew we would be worried and she wasn't ready to talk to yet. So, she called me," Logan explained, "What did I do wrong?" Colin mumbled, rubbing a hand over his face. "You didn't do anything wrong. She's just scared. Give her some time." Logan says "Time" Colin muttered to himself "Or you could do something that shows her she- I don't like the look you have on your face,"

"That's it. I need to prove to her I love her and wouldn't hurt her," Colin says standing up. Logan's eyes widen and he raises his eyebrows "I'm sorry did you say Love," Colin just waves him off as he makes his way to the door "I have a plan" He says before walking out, closing the door behind him and leaving Logan with a dumbfounded look on his face.

"What just happened?"

***

Avery sighed as she declined another one of Colin's calls. "Honey, maybe you should talk to him," Lorelai tells her daughter as they stand in a line with Sookie and the rest of the town to give old man Twickham their goodbyes. "I will," Avery mumbles "Ugh, raisins. What are the pruney red things" Lorelai complains as she dig through a bag of trail mix Sookie had given her "Dried cranberries" Sookie tells her

"Gone. What's this?" Lorelai asks throwing away the cranberry and pulling something else out "Carob" Sookie responds "Adios" Lorelai says tossing the piece of carob. "Why do we buy tail mix if your just going to pick everything out?" Avery asks her mother "Well, they've ruined trail mix. Used to be simple. Now they put too much stuff in it. Your mouth doesn't know what to expect with any given bite. Will it be fruity? Will it be granola-y? Will it be chocolate substitute-y? What's this?"

"Soybean" Sookie tells her "Bah. Squirrel food," Lorelai says, throwing the soybean on the ground. Taylor, who was ahead of them in the line, turns around "Ladies, please. We're saying good-bye to Mr. Twickham." He tells the three. "So?" Sookie asks "The man's on his deathbed. Show a little respect."

Avery scoffs "Taylor, old man Twickham has been dying my entire life. I'm 20" She tells the man "This is my seventeenth time saying adios." Miss Patty says as she turns to face them "Yeah, I think you have the record, Patty" Lorelai says "I forget, when was the last time we thought he was dying?" Sookie asks "It's been a good two years," Patty says

"I remember now. Didn't it start raining?" Avery asks "Oh yeah. We got drenched" Sookie nods "Made the whole "he's dying" thing a total bummer." Lorelai says "Ladies, please! You may not be respecting this moment but all the rest of us are." Taylor huffs, annoyed.

Just then Kirk walks by carrying an assortment of flags, beach balls, hats, and other souvenirs. "Get your Twickham souvenirs here! Twickham souvenirs! I've got your bats! I've got your balls! I've got your foam fingers! Get 'em before he's gone!" Kirk shouts. Avery starts snickering, but Taylor shoots her a harsh glare making the girl stop and awkwardly look around.

***

Taylor had Mr. Twickham's house turned into a museum and Avery walked out of it with a horrified look on her face. "Those animatronics are gonna haunt me" She muttered. As she walked down the steps of the front porch, her eyes landed on Rory, Paris, and Lane. All three of them were wearing very dejected looks on their faces and drinking Patty's punch. That was a disaster waiting to happen. Still, she grabbed a cup before walking over to Rory and her friends.

"Hey, what's with- Oh my god that's strong" Avery says with a sour look on her face as she takes a drink of the punch. "All of us are having boy problems," Lane tells Avery. The younger twin's face drops. "You having 'em too?" Rory asks upon seeing her sister's face, eyes widening as she watches Avery throw back the entire cup of punch she was holding. "Nope, I'm fine," She mutters before going to get another drink.

***

Avery groaned as she opened her eyes. She didn't know how or when she got home but what she did know is that she was lying on the bathroom floor and her head felt like it was about to explode. "Hey, honey-" Lorelai says, walking in only to get shushed by Avery as the girl continued laying on the floor while holding her head in pain.

"Sorry," Lorelai apologizes in a quieter voice "What happened?" Avery asks "You, Rory, Paris, and Lane drank an entire bowl of Miss Patty's founders day punch" Lorelai said as she sat on the floor gently pulling her daughter to sit up. "I got the best hangover food, tacos" The woman says "I prefer Danishes," The youngest Gilmore says "Yeah? When did you decide on that?" Lorelai asks, raising a brow

"When I was staying in New- Tacos are fine," Avery cuts herself off "that's what I thought," Her mom says. Avery shifts to move herself against the wall and brings her knees to her chest "I hate seeing you like this, Avery" Lorelai tells her "I'm fine" The girl mumbles, leaning her head against her knees. "Avery, you slept on the bathroom floor and you have the tile pattern imprinted on your face. Luke had to carry you home. You need to talk to Colin"

"I know, I'm going back to school later. I'll talk to him" Avery sighs

***

Avery stayed true to her word, at least she tried too. When she got back to school, she went to Colin's dorm to try and talk to him but he wasn't there. She started making her way back to her dorm when it started to rain. "You have got to be kidding me" Avery groaned as she started running in the direction of her dorms.

As Avery got closer to the building she lived in, she saw a figure standing there in the rain and she froze. There stood Colin McCrae holding a bouquet of dahlias, drenched from the rain. Colin had been standing there waiting for Avery to come back. "Colin? What are you doing?" Avery asks, blinking away fallen raindrops as they hit her face. "Come on, let's go inside." She says, walking over to him.

"No, It's supposed to happen in the rain. All the big romantic moments always happen in the rain," He says while shaking his head "Avery Gilmore, I'm in love with you. I'm in love with your laugh and your smile. I'm in love with that sparkle you have in your eyes when you talk about something you love. I'm in love with everything about you," Colin tells her.

"Colin-" Avery starts

"If you need more reasons to convince you that I'm in love with you, I've got them. I could go all night." He says. Avery walks closer to him, wrapping her arm around his neck and connecting her lips with his. Everything about it felt perfect. Avery Gilmore had gotten that fairytale moment she had always wanted. The two pulled away from each other, breathless and rated their foreheads against each other.

"I love you too"

Off in the distance, shielded from the rain, stood Rosemary, Logan, and Finn. Each one of them had big smiles on their faces as they watched their friends. "Why did he choose to do it this way?" Rosemary asked "Angel's a hopeless romantic. She likes this kind of thing" Logan told her. "How does he know that?" Rosemary asked, turning to the blonde. Logan looks at her

"Because he knows her"

"Robert owes me $50" Rosemary and Logan turn to Finn, who shrugs "Robert didn't think Colin would actually go through with it." Finn tells them. Rosemary and Logan shake their heads before all three of them turn back to Avery and Colin.

"How long do you think they're gonna stand out there?"