2.3 - Ted Koppels big night out

It had been a couple months since Avery started Yale and she managed to adjust pretty easily

It had been a couple months since Avery started Yale and she managed to adjust pretty easily. Her and Rosemary had continued to grow closer and their third roommate never ended up showing so it was just the two of them in their dorms. As time passed, the more Avery thought about talking to Rory. She didn't think she was quite ready to forgive her. But, she at least wanted to talk to her, get some things off her chest and hopefully move in the direction of forgiving her.

Which is why Avery sat at a small little coffee shop in New Haven waiting for her sister to show up. They hadn't talked, at all, except for the phone call where Rory asked Avery to meet with her. Rory took a deep breath before entering the coffee shop, she paused for a moment at the door as her eyes glanced around the café before they landed on her sister, who sat at a small table in the corner alone, staring down at her cup seemingly very deep in thought.

Avery looked up when Rory sat down across from her, the older twin shifting uncomfortably under the youngers gaze. Rory cleared her throat awkwardly "Um, thanks for meeting me," She said, Avery just looked at her, not responding. "Avery, I'm so sorry. I'm sorry I kissed Tristan, I'm sorry I said such awful things to you and I am so sorry it took me so long to apologize. I should've apologized that night- No, I shouldn't have done what I did at all. I shouldn't have done anything that required an apology. I'm sorry I hurt you. Avery, you're my best friend. My other half. I- I need you,"

Avery watched as her sister quickly wiped fallen tears from her cheeks. She could tell her sister was genuinely sorry. She could see the sincerity in her eyes, and hear it in her voice. "Its my turn to talk," Avery started

"As your sister, I forgive you. But as your friend, I'm still not there yet. You hurt me. You were the one person who I believed, no matter what, wouldn't hurt me but you did. I'm over the kiss, I don't really care anymore. It's not worth my energy to be upset about it. But what you said to me...The fact that you confirmed my beliefs that you thought less of me. That you think you're better than me. That's what shattered me. That's the wound I spent months healing. I'll be your sister again. But right now, I can't be your friend,"

Rory shakes her head "I don't think less of you. I don't think I'm better than you. I-" Avery cut her off. "You already said it, Rory. And there's no taking those words back." The younger twin stands up from the table and grabs her bag, starting to walk away before she turns back "By the way. Jess says hi," And with that Avery walked out of the coffee shop. There was a long road ahead of them, but at least now they were on the path to forgiveness.

***

When Avery got back to her dorm she immediately kicked her shoes off and plopped onto the couch next to Rosemary, letting out a big sigh and running a hand through her hair. "How'd it go?" Rosemary asks, turning off the TV. "As good as it could've gone, I guess," Avery says, laying her head on the girl's shoulder "Hey, at least you guys are headed in the right direction."

"By the way, someone has been calling you all morning, they said, and I quote 'We miss our Angel. Tell her to call us back'" Rosemary says giggling "That would be Logan, Colin, And Finn," Avery tells her "They call you Angel?" Avery nods "Yup"

"Why? Don't get me wrong, I love you to pieces. But, I've also had to deal with you very early in the morning with no caffeine and there's nothing Angel like about you threatening to castrate someone because they knocked on our door," Rosemary says. Avery pouts and hits her with one of the throw pillows on the couch "You see, nothing Angel like, you're violent,"

Avery shrugs as she gets up and walks over to the phone "Maybe, I'm an angel with a red hue,"

***

Avery was looking at herself in the mirror as she talked on the phone with Logan "Are you sure this isn't a 'bail us out of jail' call? Cause it sure sounds like one," The girl says, prompting the blonde on the other end of the line to chuckle "If it were, would you bail us out?"

"Undecided. It depends on what you guys did," She jokes, before pulling the phone away from her face slightly "Rosie, are you almost ready?" She called out to her redheaded roommate "Yeah, I'm ready." Rosemary said as she came out of her room. Avery turned to look at her and her eyes widened "Oh my god" the brunette muttered "What?" The redhead asked with furrowed brows while looking down at her outfit

"Logan, I got to go," Avery said into the phone "Bye, Angel," Avery ended the call and turned back to Rosemary, who was decked out head to toe in Yale merchandise "Honey, I love you but what the hell are you wearing?" The Gilmore asked. "Hey, I'm just trying to show some school spirit. And, you should too. Here, you can wear my headband," Rosemary took her Yale headband off and placed it on Avery's head with a smile.

"Thanks," Avery mumbled. "Okay, miss angel of darkness, why are you so moody?" Rosemary asked with a huff. Avery quirked a brow at the girl "You're really having fun with the whole Angel thing aren't you?" Rosemary nodded "Yeah, but don't change the subject. Why are you so grumpy?"

"I'm sorry. It's just, spending the day tailgating with Richard and Emily Gilmore is not my idea of fun," Avery said "Are they really that bad?" Rosemary asked. Avery was having a really hard time taking the girl seriously in that outfit, but she just shook her head "I love them, I do. But, I also love eating Thai food and watching that 70s show,"

Rosemary linked her arm with Avery's as they made their way to their dorms "We can do that after. But for now, lets enjoy our first Yale vs Harvard football game," The girls starting pushing their way through the schools busy courtyard until they bumped into someone

"Shit, I'm sorry," Avery froze when she heard the voice. She already did not want to be there, but this just made it ten times worse "Hayden?" Avery clenched her jaw "Don't call me that," Tristan sighed "Hayden, listen-"

"She doesn't have to listen to anything you say, Blondie. Now move," Rosemary said, Avery looked over to the redhead who was staring Tristan down with a very heated glare. "Move," The girl said again. Tristan sighed and stepped out of their way. Rosemary grabbed Avery's hand and pulled her away from the boy.

"That was Tristan right? I wasn't rude to the wrong person?" Rosemary asks, turning to Avery. "Yeah, that was him. Thank you" The brunette says with a smile. "Anytime, my dear sister. Now, let's go eat,"