3.14 - Limitless

Avery ran through the airport, mumbling small apologies to the people she bumped into. She pushed herself to move forward, but in the end it wasn't enough. When she got to the gate, the plane was already taking off. He was gone.

Again

***

She wasn't sure why it hurt so much. He already lived in Paris for a year. She knew he was going to leave again.

So why did it hurt so much?

Avery pulled in front of her house and got out of the car with tears in her eyes.

"Mom?" She called out as she walked into the kitchen.

That was when she saw a note on the fridge.
'Meet at Luke's'

***

Avery walked down the streets in the direction of Luke's and furrowed her brows when she realized the streets were empty. Stars Hollow looked like a ghost town.

"What the hell?" She muttered to herself

She kept walking thinking she would see someone anyone but there was nothing. Until she reached the town square. There were candles and flowers forming a path up to the gazebo and the gazebo was covered in fairy lights that made it look like it was glowing. She saw all her friends and family standing there.

"What's going on?" Her question went unanswered

"Do you think it's still considered fate if I seek you out?" 'Because you and me, were fate'

Avery looked in the direction of the voice and her eyes lit up "Colin?"

"I wanted you to make me stay" Colin continued as he walked up to Avery. "but you didn't. You thought leaving was what I wanted so you let me. But it wasn't. All I have ever wanted is you. You're it for me. You've always been it. I love you Avery Gilmore I've never been so sure of anything in my as I am of my love for you."

He slowly got down on one knee

Avery's eyes clouded with tears "oh my god"

"Avery Gilmore...Will you marry me?" He asked

The girl started rapidly nodding "Yes. Yes. Yes."

Colin stood up, placing the ring on Avery's finger before pulling her into a kiss.

"I thought you left" She whispered

"I am never leaving you again"

***

"So? Does it feel like the movies and stories you read?" Lorelai asked as she took a seat next to her daughter

Avery looked at her mom with an unfaltering smile "It feels...so much better. Because this story is mine"

Lorelai smiled at Avery and wrapped her arms around her.

"Hey, how did you guys get this set up so last minute?" Avery asked

Lorelai let out a small laugh "it wasn't last minute"

Avery looked at her mom with furrowed brows

"Colin asked Luke and I for our blessing before he left for Paris the first time. This has been planned for a year" Lorelai explained

"He asked for Luke's blessing" Avery laughed

Lorelai nodded "he looked like he was gonna cry"

When Colin asked for her blessing, Lorelai didn't hesitate to give it to him. And now, looking at Avery's smile, she knew she made the right choice. Avery was glowing.

"I'm engaged" Avery said

"You are. How does it feel?"

Avery took a deep breath "It feels...huh. I know a lot of words, but there are none to describe the pure bliss I feel right now."

***

Logan walked over to Avery as she watched Colin try to get Finn off of a table a few feet away.

"You sure you want to spend the rest of your life with that Angel?" Logan questioned

"I have never been more sure of anything in my life" She responded

"Wow, I can't believe both of my sisters are getting married before me," He said earning a laugh from Avery.

***

"Hey there" Avery said

Luke turned to look at her "hey kid"

She wrapped her arms around him "Thank you"

The man faltered for a minute before reciprocating the action "for what?"

"For everything. Helping set this up, Giving Colin your blessing, always being there for me, raising me. Just...thank you, Luke" Avery told him

A small smile crept onto Luke's face as he hugged her tighter "anytime, Avery."

***

"So, you regret say yes yet?" Colin asked as he wrapped his arms around Avery while standing in the town's gazebo.

Avery turned to face him and pecked him on the nose "Give me a few more hours. The realization will set in."

"Very funny" he deadpanned

The girl let out a content sigh as rested her head on Colin's chest. "What about you?"

Colin rested his chin on the top of Avery's head as he continued to hold her "personally, I'm very excited to spend the rest of my life with you"

Avery looked up at him "you sure?"

Colin cupped her face in his hands and smiled "Absolutely. Because Avery Gilmore, my love for you is limitless"

"That was so cheesy...I loved it"

I loved it"