7 - Application anxiety

"This is sublime," Rory says as she, Avery, and Lorelai sat on the couch watching 'The Brady Bunch Variety hour' "It was the golden age of television" Lorelai says, agreeing with her daughter

"This is sublime," Rory says as she, Avery, and Lorelai sat on the couch watching 'The Brady Bunch Variety hour' "It was the golden age of television" Lorelai says, agreeing with her daughter.  "The music, the sets, the costumes," Avery lists "And who knew they could all sing so well," Rory states "And such far out booty shaking abilities," Avery says

    The mailman walks through the front door and sets the mail on the bench. "Mail, ladies"  Avery gets up to get the mail "Thanks Eddie," She says with a smile.  Avery shuffled through the mail as her mother and sister continued to babble on about the Brady Bunch "Oh my god. Rory," Rory looked over at her sister who had an excited smile on her face.

    "Our applications are here," Avery said happily, handing the older twin the application for Harvard, while she continued to beam at her Yale application. "Oh, wow. They're beautiful," Lorelai says standing next to her daughters "Impressive letterage, huh?" Rory inquiries.

***

    The next day Avery was sitting cross legged at Tristan's desk while they worked on their applications together. Or rather, while Tristan worked on his application. Avery was more so staring blankly at it. "Hayden?"  Tristan waved his hand in front of her face, effectively snapping her out of her daze. "What's wrong?"

    "Every time I look at the application every word in the English language disappears from my head." Avery groans. Tristan laughs at the girl a bit. "You're overthinking. Come on, maybe a muffin with help you think," He tells her while pulling her up from the chair.

    The two walked downstairs to be met with Tristan's mom, Elenore Dugray. "Oh, perfect. Tristan, your uncle and cousin just got here. I'd like to introduce them to Avery," She beams "Mom, we need to work on our applications," The tells her. Avery shakes her head and smiles "No, It's fine. I could use a break,"

    Elenore gently grabs Avery's hand and pulls her into the living room with Tristan trailing behind. "Mitcham, this is the girl I was telling you about, Avery Gilmore. Avery, this is my brother Mitcham and his son, Logan," Avery smiles at Logan "We've actually met before, Aunt Elenore,"

    "Oh when?" The woman questions "Logan and his friends gave Tristan and I a tour of Yale," Avery tells her "Yeah, I'd like to think we're partially responsible for Angel's decision in attending," Logan says with a smirk. Avery scrunches her nose at the nickname. "Angel?"

    "Yeah, according to Finn, you are an Angel walking amongst mortals. You're stuck with the name now," Logan tells her. Earning a snort from Tristan in the background, while Avery just nods slowly. 

***

    Avery ended up having dinner with the Dugray's and the Huntzberger's before heading home. The girl no longer had any excuses to procrastinate anymore, so she sat on her bed looking at her Yale application before groaning and falling back against her pillows "Hey, kid. How's the application coming?"