2.16 - A house is not a home

Avery was currently standing on a yacht for Honor and Josh's engagement party with a martini in her hand and a smile on her face as she spoke to one of Honors friends

Avery was currently standing on a yacht for Honor and Josh's engagement party with a martini in her hand and a smile on her face as she spoke to one of Honors friends. The girl she was speaking excused herself and as she walked away, Colin came up behind Avery, wrapping his arms around her waist and pressing a kiss to her cheek.

"You look like you're enjoying yourself" He said, spinning her so she was facing him. "I am. You know, I'm starting to get used to these parties" Avery told him. "I find them more bearable when you're with me," Colin said before kissing her. Avery leaned into the kiss but huffed when her phone started ringing.

"Hello?" She asked "Hey, Angel" Avery furrowed her brows "Logan? Why are you calling me? We're at the same party" The girl asked, earning a confused look from her boyfriend. "Actually I'm not. Your sister showed up and then we left. I kinda need your help," The blonde explained

"Oh no, am I finally getting the 'bail me out of jail' call?" She sighed. Colin's eyes widened as he looked at her "Unfortunately. Come rescue me?" Logan asked "I always thought Finn would be the reason I got this call. I'm on my way," She tells him. "Thank you"

Avery ends the call and looks at Colin. "Logan and Rory got arrested. Go find Finn so we can bail them out," she tells him. Colin nods and walks away to find their friend.

***

Avery, Colin, and Finn walked into to the police station, not noticing Lorelai sitting in one of the chairs "Well this is much nicer than the last place we picked him up from," Finn says as they walk towards the desk.

"Yes, we definitely need to keep this one in mind for future infractions. Excuse me, Officer, we were wondering if one Logan Huntzberger has been released from your fine custody yet?" Colin asks the officer at the desk. "Nope. Have a seat" the officer says to the three, pointing toward the chairs.

"And if you have a moment we'd like to order some appetizers." Finn says, the officer stares at him as Avery gives him a nudge and pulls him to the chairs.

Lorelai sat listening to their conversation with a worried expression, still going unnoticed by the three "So typical. Logan would have to get busted during the one time I almost got Rosemary to agree to go home with me." Avery scoffs at Finn's words

"Oh please Finn, that was never gonna happen," She tells him "Rory Gilmore is coming out now," the officer says "Oh thank you" Avery's eyes widen as her head whips over at the sound of her mothers voice "Mom?"

"God those are good genes" Finn mutters earning a thump on the back of the head from Colin. "We could've taken her home" Colin tells Lorelai. The woman just purses her lips as she turns to her youngest daughter "what are you doing here?"

"Logan called me," Avery explains. The door buzzes and Rory comes out. Lorelai gets up. They look at each other for a minute. "You got everything?" Lorelai asks. Rory nods and holds up her envelope of personal belongings. "Let's go" he mother says