Chapter XVI: Connection

May 12 2022

Several weeks have passed since Cobblepot was arrested. Oswald was transferred to Gotham State Penitentiary where he will be serving a twenty year sentence for the crimes he has committed over the years. However Summer and April were nowhere to be found and the police are now tracking them down.

The police are also dealing with another case. For the last several weeks, there have been multiple robberies happening around Gotham. The police suspected that Batman could also be involved in the robberies, however they're not sure and continued investigating the case.

The time was four twenty three p.m. Alex was at the manor as he was asleep on the couch with a book on his face. The television was opened as Jack Ryder was speaking to Joseph and Colby about the recent robberies.

Jack: Now for our top story. Last night, a robbery occurred at the Gotham Jewelers and security cameras captured an image of what appeared to be a costumed catwoman. Joining me now is Detectives Joseph Anoa'i and Colby Lopez.

Colby and Joseph were looking at Ryder as he began speaking to them.

Jack: Detectives. Could there be some connection between this Catwoman and the Batman?

Joseph: While there seem to be similarities in appearance and methodology, they have entirely different motives.

Colby: However, it's too early to rule out any possible links between the cat and the bat.

Suddenly someone tapped on Alex's shoulder as he opened his eyes and removed the book as he saw who who it was.

Alex: Peyton?

Peyton: Rise and shine pumpkin. [Smiles] By the way, your hair's messy.

Alex looked at her as he fixed his hair along with his jacket as he got up from the couch and spoke to him.

Alex: How are you?

Peyton: I'm doing alright. You look tired. Is everything alright?

Alex: Oh I'm fine. I just wanted to take a short nap.

Joel: Short nap? You were asleep for eight hours already.

Alex and Peyton saw Joel standing by the hallway as he was smiling at Ambrose and Alex stared at his uncle and replied to him.

Alex: No. . . . I only fell asleep for an hour.

Peyton was smiling at him as Alex was fixing his hair until Royce spoke to him.

Peyton: Hey Alex, me and my friends are heading to the mall and I was wondering if you wanna join us?

Alex: Mall?!?!

Ambrose was already nervous about this. He's prefers not to stay in large crowds and always has a fear of being there. Peyton looked at him as Ambrose said something to him.