Chapter XXXIX: Final Nightmare

July 21 2022

As Alex was fighting the crazed arkham inmates in the sewers. Meanwhile at the rooftop, Anne, Jessica, Benjamin, Jack and Michael were fighting the crazed civilians using pipes. They continued fighting the crazed civilians until they saw more hostiles running towards them as they knew they couldn't beat all of them.

Anne: There's too many of them! We need to get out of here!

Michael: Right! We need to get to another rooftop!

The group began fighting through the swarm of crazed civilians as they began running down the stairs and managed to escape from the building.

The group began running through the streets and managed to takedown multiple crazed arkham inmates and civilians that got in their way and ran towards another building and closed the door. They barricaded the door and ran up the stairs and made it to the rooftop as they also barricaded the door and were breathing heavily.

Jessica: That was close.

Benjamin: Yeah. . . . .Where are those police choppers?

Jack: We have to wait for sometime. We have no other choice.

The group sat down on the ground as they were tired and were waiting for the police choppers to show up and save them.

Meanwhile back at the sewers, Alex was struggling to fight the crazed arkham inmates as they were attacking the vigilante. One inmates stabbed Alex in the leg with a knife as he was in pain and fell on his knees.

The other inmates holding scythes slashed his chest, back and arm as Alex was in pain and was struggling to block the incoming attacks until one inmate tackled him and began strangling the batman.

Alex was struggling to fight back as the inmate continued to choke him as he saw the inmate laughing at him and said something to him.

Inmate: Death! Death! Death! Death!

Alex heard Margaret laughing at him as his vision was getting distorted and saw Margaret strangling him while having a sadistic smile on her face.

Margaret: [Laughs] Give up! Fear always wins!

Alex hit a headbutt on Margaret as he grabbed a pipe and hit her in the leg as she began walking back and glared at him.

Multiple arkham inmates tried to attack him but Alex threw multiple batarangs at them, knocking the hostiles out.

Margaret tried to attack Alex but he grabbed her arm and hit a knee strike on her as she was shocked until Alex stomped on her leg, breaking it as she let out a painful scream.

Alex stepped back as he was breathing heavily until he saw Margaret was gone as an inmate was holding his broken leg and continued screaming until Alex punched the hostile in the face, knocking him out.