Chapter XXI: Under Watch

May 20 2022

Hope corporation was first established back in 1888 by the Ambrose brothers. As the years went by, Steven Ambrose and his wife, Laura took over Hope and began creating every possible industry such as technology, biomedical, medical, cosmetics, motors, aerospace, applied science, shipping, and electronics. Steven and Laura wanted to make Gotham a better place and even built hospitals for free medical treatment to those who can't afford it. After their death, Chloe and Alex took over the corporation.

However Chloe hated what the city did to her parents and after leaving with her aunt Martha. Chloe established the company in London while Alex and Joel took care of Hope corporation in Gotham.

The time was seven twenty three a.m. Alex was walking towards the main lobby as he greeted the receptionist and continued walking as he was fixing his hair and jacket.

 Alex was walking towards the main lobby as he greeted the receptionist and continued walking as he was fixing his hair and jacket

Alex continued walking until he noticed Bob and Regina Zellerbach. Regina and Bob are the board of directors for Hope Corporation. Ambrose shook their hands as they were smiling at him and began talking to him.

Bob: Alex! Great to see you. How are you doing dear boy?

Alex: I'm doing alright, what about you two?

Regina: Oh we're fine honey. We barely see you. Is everything alright?

Alex: Yeah everything is fine. I'm just talking to the investors through video call. That's why I'm in the manor.

Bob: You know kiddo. When I was your age. My father would scold me for staying at home more often. He told me to go outside and make friends and enjoy life while working hard to achieve your goals.

Alex: Yeah. Joel also told me to make some friends and you know, have fun.

Regina: Honey. Joel cares about you. He only wants to see you happy. Besides your doing a great job in handling this business.

Alex nodded as he was thinking about what they said. They heard someone calling Ambrose's name as they turned around and saw Joel as they spoke to him.

Joel: Hey Regina! Hey Bob!

Bob: Hey Joel. Since we're all here. Let's talk about the company's status.

They began talking about the company's status as Alex was thinking about what Bob and Regina said to him. Eventually they left as Joel and Alex began talking to each other.

Joel: Well so far everything is going well.

Alex: Yeah. By the way, when Martha coming to Gotham?