Chapter XIX: The Cat And The Bat

May 13 2022

The time was eight thirty p.m. Alex has been looking for Catwoman and was trying to figure out her next heist. Eventually Ambrose got on his batcycle and began driving back to the manor. Some time has passed and eventually Ambrose made it to the batcave as he got off the batcycle and began walking towards the batcomputer as Joel noticed him and spoke to him.

Joel: Did you find her?

Alex: Not yet. I feel like she's laying low and waiting for things to cool down.

Joel: I've been monitoring the city to see if any silent alarms have been tripped and so far, nothing has happened.

Alex was gonna say something until Joel and Ambrose heard the batcomputer alerting them of a device that was activated as both of them were confused and spoke to each other.

Joel: An active batwave transmitter? Did you use something?

Alex was thinking about it until he remembered his first meeting with Catwoman as he said something to Joel.

Alex: She took my remote control batarang. But I thought she destroyed it back at the rooftop.

Joel: Maybe she fixed it and is using it on her latest heist.

Alex: I'll try tracing the signal. This will lead me to Catwoman.

Ambrose began tracing the signal as the location was showing the auction house located at midtown.

Alex: Wait a minute. This is the auction house owned by Hideo Katsu.

Joel: The same Hideo Katsu who we've been observing for the last few weeks and couldn't find anything.

Alex: Katsu recently brought an artifact two weeks ago. Catwoman must be after that artifact.

Joel: Alex, be careful. Hideo Katsu is a ruthless crime boss who will kill anyone that gets in his way. We don't even have the evidence to put him behind bars.

Alex: Don't worry. When I get evidence on him. He'll be having a one way ticket to Gotham state penitentiary.

Joel nodded as Alex got inside the batmobile and began driving away from the batcave as he began driving towards the auction house.

Meanwhile at the auction house, Catwoman managed to sneak inside as she heard silence in the auction house. She continued walking as Selina manages to open a secret door and saw the artifact along with multiple lasers surrounding the artifact.

Selina had a smile on her face as she activated the remote control batarang and used her phone to slowly navigate the batarang through the lasers.

The batarang was slowly navigating through the lasers as Selina was trying to be careful and didn't want to trip the alarm. Eventually the batarang made it and grabbed the artifact as Selina had a smirk on her face before she slowly bringing it back to her.