Chapter XVII: The Chase

May 13 2022

The time was one twenty three a.m. Joel was at the batcave as he was speaking to Martha on the phone. He wanted to know how she was doing along with Chloe. Martha was coming to Gotham after few days to visit Joel and Alex. However Chloe didn't want to come with her since she still has a grudge against Alex and the city itself.

Joel was silent as Martha told him that she needed to go somewhere and she will talk to Joel later. She disconnected the call as he put his phone on the table and began thinking about the conversation.

Suddenly Joel heard footsteps as he turned around and saw Alex walking towards him as he spoke to him.

Joel: How was your trip to the mall?

Alex: It was alright. By the way, who were you speaking too?

Joel: Oh its Martha. She's gonna come to Gotham after a few days.

Alex: Oh I see. Is Chloe also coming?

Joel was silent as Alex knew what the answer was and nodded as he spoke to him.

Joel: Alex. . . . Don't keep blaming yourself. It's not your fault.

Alex: It is my fault. I should have done something.

Joel was gonna say something until the batcomputer alerted them of a crime in progress as Alex and Joel were looking at the screen and spoke to each other.

Joel: Someone tripped the alarm at the rose jewellery shop.

Alex immediately put his suit on as he put his mask on and jumped inside the batmobile as Joel said something to him.

Joel: Be careful kiddo.

Alex nodded and started the batmobile as he began driving away and Joel was watching him as he sat down on the chair and saw a family picture as he began looking at it.

Alex was driving through the streets as he was making his way towards the rose jewellery shop until he heard a notification as he saw a text message from Peyton.

Peyton: Hey Alex! Wanna meet up at the diner at eight a.m?

Alex: Sure, I'll be there at eight a.m.

Peyton: Awesome! Goodnight Pumpkin! ❤️

Alex was looking at the message as he had a small smile on his face and texted "Goodnight" to Peyton as he looked at the radar and noticed he was close to the jewellery ship.

Alex activated auto pilot on the batmobile as he opened the roof of the car and pulled out the grapple gun. Alex fired the hook at the rooftop and retracted the cable as he made it to the rooftop and watched the batmobile driving away.

 Alex fired the hook at the rooftop and retracted the cable as he made it to the rooftop and watched the batmobile driving away

Alex entered the jewellery shop and noticed no one was here as he narrowed his eyes and continued looking around.

Alex: This is it. So where-