Chapter XII: The Party

March 15 2022

The time was eight fifteen p.m. There was a high rise building as there were also some police cars shown in the scene. Joseph and Colby were at the fortieth floor as they began walking towards an apartment where a forensics team were looking for evidence around the apartment.

A murder happened in the apartment and the victim is revealed to be William Kenzie who is a detective of the Gotham City Police Department Narcotics Division and a friend of Pete Savage.

Joseph and Colby entered the apartment and were investigating the crime scene as they were talking to the forensics team but the team said they couldn't find any evidence and left the scene. Joseph and Colby continued looking around the apartment as they were speaking to each other.

Joseph: We couldn't locate any fingerprints around the crime scene.

Colby: Looks like a preplanned murder. The killer made sure to not leave any evidence behind.

Joseph: Your right about that.

Suddenly Joseph and Colby get a call from Pete Savage as they left the apartment. Silence was heard around the apartment until. . .

Alex entered the apartment and began investigating the crime scene

Alex entered the apartment and began investigating the crime scene. He activated detective mode and began scanning the apartment for evidence.

Ambrose noticed William's body as he walked towards him and analyse his body as the cause of death was revealed

Alex: William Kenzie, Falcone's right hand man and a narcotics cop. When Falcone was arrested three years back, there was not enough evidence on William and hence he was free and went back to duty. His cause of death is multiple stabs to the heart.

Ambrose continued analysing the room as he said something to himself.

Alex: No sign of force entry. Maybe William knew the killer and let them inside the apartment.

He continued looking around as he also noticed a broken window with some blood in it as he analysed it.

Alex: This is William's blood. The killer smashed Kenzie's head on the window before throwing him on the ground.