Chapter VI: Interactions

March 2 2022

It's been a few days since Joker was arrested and sent to Arkham Asylum. Joker using a hot air balloon wanted to release his toxin all over the city, however he was stopped by Batman. The time is eight twenty three a.m. Alex was at the mall with Joel as he was fixing his jacket and was looking at his phone.

Alex put his phone back in his pocket as he saw Joel looking at some phones on display as he spoke to him

Alex: You need to get a new phone.

Joel: That's the plan kiddo. Do you want to buy something for yourself?

Alex: No. I'm not buying anything.

Joel: You know kid. You should also have some fun. You know, make friends, play some games, get some new hobbies.

Alex: I'll plan on doing that soon.

Joel: You should get a girlfriend.

Alex: I'm not planning on dating. In fact, I'm focused on my life right now.

Joel: Look kid, I just want to see you happy and settled in your life. I get that protecting the city is important but I also want to see you happy.

Alex was silent as he was thinking about what Joel said to him. Maybe Joel is right, he needs to settle down in the near future but he's worried. If any of his enemies finds out about his true identity then they will target his loved ones.

Alex and Joel continued walking as Ambrose saw a news report on the television and began watching it.

Jack: Hello, this is Jack Ryder of the Gotham city action news. Recently I spoken to Commissioner Pete Savage about the recent attack in Gotham and this is what he has to say.

Pete: I don't care what people have to say about Batman. He is a vigilante and a menace to our city. I'm offering one hundred thousand dollars to whoever finds the Batman and reports it to us.

Jack: And that's all he said in the interview. Crime and corruption in Gotham continues to increase every day. Let's hope that everything ends soon.

Alex was looking at the news as he was thinking about everything that has happened. Over the last couple of years, crime and corruption in Gotham continues to increase. Some of these criminals don't care if they get arrested because they know, they'll be walking free the next day. Nobody can even trust the police department anymore.

Everyone has always called Pete Savage as the saviour of Gotham but that's not true. Savage was a former lieutenant for the GCPD SWAT division and there were heavy rumours that he was corrupted and would take bribes and work for crime bosses for the right price.

After the death of Commissioner Loeb back in 2016, Savage and his team took down Roman Sionis, a notorious crime lord in what they say is the biggest sting operation and the people of Gotham praised him. After the sting operation, Mayor Mitchell appointed Savage as the new commissioner of the Gotham City Police Department.

Alex was walking around the mall as he was looking at some laptops in the electronics store until someone called his name as he turned around and saw who it was.

Peyton: Hey Alex!

Alex: Hey Peyton.

Peyton: I'm shocked to see you here. What are you doing?

Alex: Nothing much. Just me and my uncle are looking around in the electronics store. What about you?

Peyton: Oh I'm getting some equipment for my new podcast.

Alex: You have a podcast?

Peyton: Yeah, soon me and Billie are gonna make our first podcast. Our podcast name is IInspiration.

Alex: That's cool. I'll definitely check out the first episode.

Peyton: Thanks! So how are you?

Alex: I'm doing alright. How are you?

Peyton: That's good to hear, I'm doing alright too.

Alex nodded as she smiled at him and was gonna say something until she heard someone calling her name. Alex and Peyton saw Billie walking towards them as she spoke to them.

Billie: Where were you? I was looking for you.

Peyton: Sorry, I was at the electronics store.

Billie: It's alright. [Looks at Alex] Who are you?

Peyton: His name is Alex Ambrose. Alex, this is my best friend and sister, Billie Kay.

Billie: Oh nice to meet you Alex.

Alex: You too.

Billie: Peyton, we have to go now.

Peyton: Sorry Alex, I'll talk to you later. Take care.

Alex: You too. Take care.

Peyton smiled at him as both of them walked away and Alex was looking at them. Suddenly someone was calling his name as he turned around and saw Joel as he spoke to him.

Joel: Friend of yours?

Alex: Yeah.

Joel: Looks like you have a crush.

Alex was looking at him as Joel was smiling at him as Ambrose had a small smile on his face as both of them left the electronics store.

It was night-time in Gotham as there was a crime boss sitting at his office as he was upset about everything that has happened. His name is Rupert Throne and he was once the most feared man of Gotham until Alex stopped his entire operations and forced Rupert to go into hiding since the police department was looking for him.

Rupert: That damn Bat. . . He's ruined everything.

Throne drank some whiskey as he was looking at the city until he heard a door being opened as he turned around and saw someone.

Rupert: Hey! Who are you?

????: That's not important. I heard you hate Batman for what he has done.

Rupert: That damn maniac destroyed everything from me and I won't stop till I have his corpse on the ground.

???? Hmmmm. . . . I understand your hatred but I want you to stay out of his way.

Rupert: Why should I do that?

????: Because I will break him. I don't wanna anyone getting involved. This is between me and him.

The mysterious man began walking away as Rupert asked him a question.

Rupert; Who the hell are you?

????: His worst nightmare.

A/N: Thanks For Reading And Stay Cool :)