Chapter XXXVIII: In Darkness Dwells

July 21 2022

Alex was walking through the sewers as he activated his detective vision and saw blood stains on the wall along with skeletons as he continued moving forward

Alex was walking through the sewers as he activated his detective vision and saw blood stains on the wall along with skeletons as he continued moving forward. The entire narrows is flooded with fear toxin and everyone is killing each other while others are trying to get rooftops of buildings in order to avoid coming in contact with the toxin.

A mysterious assailant who was working with Scarecrow also kidnapped Peyton and O'Fallon and taken them to the sewers. Alex needed to save them and stop Scarecrow or else he will create even more chaos.

Alex continued moving forward as he was listening to the police broadcast and heard Savage saying that he's sending police helicopters to get the survivors off the narrows but its gonna take some time.

Alex heard footsteps as he looked in front of him and saw a Arkham inmate laughing at him before he ran away as Ambrose continued moving forward. The vigilante saw multiple cops, brutally murdered as they were also ripped apart.

He began investigating the crime scene and saw a trail of footsteps as he said something to Joel.

Alex: Joel, I've found some footprints.
Based on the size and depth. I'd estimate the kidnapper is weighing more than three hundred pounds. The trail's heading east. Stand by.

Joel: [On Radio] Alright then. I'm right now searching information on Jonathan Crane, I'll let you know what I find.

Alex nodded and continued moving forward through the sewers but unknown to him, multiple arkham inmates were stalking him through the sewers.

Meanwhile in the rooftop, Anne, Jessica, Benjamin, Jack and Michael were looking at the streets as the chaos continued to get even worse.

Jessica: We need to get out of here.

Michael: We can't go down there. It's dangerous.

Benjamin: Not only that. The bridges leading us out of the narrows is shut down.

Jack: We have no choice. We have to wait till a police chopper saves us.

Anne: [Sighs] I hope Batman can save Peyton and the priest.

Jack: Have faith. I heard a lot of stories about him.

Michael: Despite what the media and police say about him. He's saving people.

Benjamin: I believe in him, he will save them.

Jessica: Me too. Batman already saved me and our friends lives back at the train station.

Anne: Your right about that.