Chapter XXXI: Questions

June 23 2022

Alex was at the batcave as he was looking for Joel and continued walking while looking at the smartwatch in his hand

Alex was at the batcave as he was looking for Joel and continued walking while looking at the smartwatch in his hand. He had a small smile on his face as Ambrose saw Joel on the workbench, working on the batclaw as Alex spoke to him.

Alex: How long have you been working?

Joel: Only for an hour now. How was your mall trip?

Alex: It was alright until someone sent a message to me.

Joel: Yeah. I was at the board meeting when that broadcast happened.

Alex: He killed Deputy Mayor Stevenson. One of Falcone's allies.

Joel: [Gets up from the chair] Looks like his M.O hasn't changed at all.

Alex: Wait, you know this guy?

Joel: Yeah. Let's go to the batcomputer and I'll show you everything.

Alex nodded as both of them began making their way towards the batcomputer as Joel sat down on the chair and showed some files to Alex.

Joel: He's a notorious serial killer. For four years. He has murdered corrupted politicians, police officers and others. He places them in traps and speaks in riddles. If they get the riddle wrong, then the trap kills them. The agency couldn't catch him but the killer did left messages to them, mocking them. The killer calls himself, The Riddler.

Alex: Looks like he's a fan of the SAW movies

Alex: Looks like he's a fan of the SAW movies. Some of those traps in the file are from the movie.

Joel: Yeah. But this time, Riddler is sending a message to you.

Alex: He wants me to play his game.

Joel: This just keeps getting better and better.

Alex was looking at the batcomputer as he was reading Riddler's case file and looked at some videos that he has posted over the years until Joel spoke to him.

Joel: I suggest you lay low for a few days. I intercepted the police broadcast and police are on high alert. Their main priority is You and Riddler.

Alex: You know I can't do that. I need to stop Riddler or he'll kill even more people.