Chapter XXIV: Natural Selection

May 22 2022

The time was five fifty three a.m. Joel was at the manor as he had his phone in his hand and began calling Alex. For the last few hours, he hasn't responded to any of his calls and messages. Joel was also worried about what happened to Alex and what was he up too. He began calling his nephew as he was waiting for a response until Alex answered the phone as Joel began talking to him.

Joel: Alex, where are you? Are you alright?

Alex: [On Call] I'm fine but we have a problem.

Joel: What problem? Alex, your scaring me right now.

Alex: [On Call] Kirk lied to us. His daughter can hear perfectly fine. He's been working on a secret project for the last three years and has been stealing chemicals and other resources from Hope.

Joel: I knew there was something wrong about him. What was he working on?

Alex: [On Call] Genetic splicing. He merged vampire bat DNA into the human chain. The project was successful and he turned into a monster known as Man-Bat.

Joel was shocked by what Alex has said as he couldn't believe it.

Joel: But why is he doing all of this?

Alex: [On Call] He's obsessed with the Batman. For the last three years, he's been following every news article, police report and internet theories about the Batman. He wanted to be feared, that's why he's doing all of this.

Joel: My god. . . . . Where is he now?

Alex: [On Call] He's taken Colby, I'm right now looking for them. I'm heading back to the batcave to get a few things.

Joel: Alright kid, I'll be waiting for you.

Alex: [On Call] There's something else you need to do, Joel.

Joel was listening to what Alex was saying to him as he nodded and disconnected the phone as he left the manor.

Meanwhile at Peyton's house, Peyton was awake as she noticed all of her friends were still sleeping as she decided to get some coffee for herself. She began walking down the stairs and walked towards the kitchen as Peyton was fixing her hair.

Peyton began making a cup of coffee for herself as she was looking at her phone and looked through the gallery as she saw pictures of her and Alex back at the amusement park as she had a small smile on her face

The coffee was ready as she grabbed her cup and sat down on the chair. Peyton continued looking through more pictures of her and Alex as she continued smiling to herself.

She decided to call Alex to talk to him and see how he's doing. She began calling him as she heard the phone ringing and was waiting for a response.

Meanwhile Alex was in the batmobile as he was driving around the city. After getting the necessary equipment from the batcave, Alex was now looking for Man-Bat and needed to stop him and save Colby from the monster.