Chapter 8

"Hey, stop walking around. I'm getting dizzy." Hoseok said to Jin who keeps on pacing back and forth in his living room. "What are you even worried about? Tell me."

Jin was panicking. "I invited Jungkook to join us today."

"Jungkook the neighbor with pregnant fiance?" He asked. Jin looked at him differently and he proceeds. "There's nothing wrong with that... unless..."

"Unless?" Jin stopped and looked at Hoseok.

"Unless you still have a crush on him." Hoseok asked smirking at him.

"What? How can you say that?"

"Then why are you panicking? It's just Jungkook!"

The door suddenly opened stopping their conversation.

"Why are you pale, Jin? Looked like you've seen a ghost." Namjoon said when he and Yoongi entered with drinks on hand.

"Told him that and he won't calm down."

Yoongi went to him and touched his forehead. "Do you have fever?" He asked checking his temperature.

"I'm good Yoongi-chi. Let me just get ice for our drinks."

"What happened to him?" Namjoon asked Hoseok.

"Looks like Mr. Handsomely Masculine neighbor was invited in tonight's movie night." Hoseok answered.

"He finally got the courage to invite him?" Namjoon asked curiously.

"Who's this whatever man again?" Yoongi asked.

Hoseok was about to answered when they heard the bell rang.

"Looks like he's here." Hoseok answered to Yoongi.

The three of them were startled when Jin suddenly went out rushing to the door as if his life depended on it. He breathe out and opened the door with a smile.

"Hey! Did not expect you would actually come." Jin said with a smile and obvious panic which he hoped did not come out as he thought about his shaky voice.

"Uhm, can I come inside?" Only then did Jin realized that he didn't ask him to get inside and was even blocking the way.

"Oh my god! Sorry. Please come in." He said giving him space. When Jungkook entered Jin breathe out the air he didn't know he was holding for a long time.

"Oh you must be Jungkook! Join us in the living room."
Namjoon said welcoming Jungkook. "Namjoon by the way." Namjoon said offering his hand.

Jungkook shook it and smiled at him. "Jungkook Jeon."

"Oh, you're a Jeon? Are you part of Jeon Enterprises by any chance?" Yoongi asked.

"I am. I'm the next heir."

Everyone gasped at the knowledge and even Jin. He stopped in his steps behind Namjoon and Jungkook. How could he miss that? Well, he just thought he is a common Jeon living next to him. This is not a super expensive neighborhood anyway.

Jungkook felt awkwardness with the revelation. He scratched his nape and thought he shouldn't have said it.

"Apologies for their reaction. Come and let's take a seat."
Hoseok said pulling Jungkook to the sofa. "What movie are you fund of watching?"

"Uh-uhm..." Jungkook looked at Jin, Yoongi and Namjoon who are whispering things to each other, probably talking about him.

"Let them... they're all in to business that is why they act like that. My name is Hoseok by the way and I'm Namjoon's husband."

"Nice to meet you, Hoseok."

"Same here. Nice to have a face to a name?"

"Huh?"

"I mean to say is that Jin never stopped talking about you since you guys met." He said honestly.

"Really?" Jungkook smiled at the knowledge.

"And of your fiance." Hoseok continued.

"Really?" This time it was very low in energy, almost in a whisper and a frown. He glanced at Jin's direction again but did not see him and Yoongi there anymore. Namjoon though was on their way to them.

"Jin and Yoongi are preparing the food. We'll have dinner first. You okay with that, Jeon?" Namjoon asked taking his seat beside his husband.

"Oh... okay."

"So, what does a Jeon actually is doing here in this small town?" Namjoon asked.

"My parents asked me to be here. I bought the house accross the street because it was a promise I made to someone. He said he liked this place and wished to live here someday."

"Your fiance?" Hoseok asked curiously.

Jungkook shook his head. "Someone I met years ago."

"First love?" This time it was Namjoon.

"I am actually not sure. I don't even know what love means before. Although I wanted to do a lot for that person when I met him. He was carefree and independent. He said he will buy a house here someday and live on his own." Jungkook chuckled at the memory.

"Hm sounds like a first love to me." Hoseok said.

"You think so?" Jungkook asked.

"The way you smiled, I'm sure it is." He answered. "Have you seen him again?"

"I actu..."

"Food is ready! Let's eat." Jin said happily.

When they all arrived at the dining table, they were surprised to see a lot of food on the table.

"Wow, Jin! This is a lot!" Namjoon exclaimed.

"I know! When mom knew that Yoongi will be joining us, he added more food. He still thinks Yoongi will fall in love with me if he'll continue feeding him." He said jokingly.

Yoongi and Jin just laughed at it, but Jungkook was not happy at all with whatever mentioned.

He actually spent the night watching Yoongi and Jin being closer to each other than what actual friends are. He didn't like it a bit. When he thought it was just Taehyung he was fighting with, he'll see this little cat also fighting for Jin's attention.