Part 48:

(In-Ho's POV)

Ah. I was so close to kissing her. I didn't even realize what I was doing until after I was so close to her. It felt as though she put me in a trance. The cause of our separation was the only thing that I realized in the moment, for after I looked into her eyes, everything seemed completely automatic and subconscious. If I remember correctly, my hand was on her cheek right before we pulled away... I could be recalling incorrectly, but I don't think so. I do remember wishing that they did not interrupt me.

Well, now I'll find out who's at the door because I just arrived at it. I exhaled and raised my arm to open the door. Thankfully, in my daze, I had remembered to grab my mask before I walked off. It was already on, so whoever it was would not know my identity.

On the other side of the door was a circle. He held perfectly folded clothes out in front of him stiffly. It looked like a dress was the main article of clothing, and I could clearly see a pair of pretty elbow length black gloves matching the color and material of the dress. I did not have a particular look that I ordered for this dress in contrast to the others. I wanted to focus more on my work, so I just told Jane that she needed a black outfit for the post first game dinner. I know giving her creative freedom is not her preference, but she seemed to have something in mind quickly.

          I took the clothes from the worker and thanked him. He bowed his head and walked away as I went back inside. Since I didn't have any hands free, I had to use my foot to shut the door. The dress was made of very soft material. It seemed smooth and silky, but I couldn't tell what it was, for I have never taken much interest in cloth. No matter, I'm sure Y/N will look good in it.

I walked to her door that was open a little bit and again used my foot and sandwiched it between the door to prop it open. I used my elbow to push it the rest of the way. Y/N had been sitting up and kicking her feet off of the side of the bed. Her e/c eyes turned to me, and I practically melted at the sight of them. I almost kissed her. What was I thinking? All of my drinking must be taking a toll on me.

        (Y/N's POV)

        I looked at In-Ho coming into my room with my dress for tonight. It was black like all the other clothing I wore here, and it made me kind of miss wearing other colors and being unbound by the rules of uniforms. Sure, my pajamas were without restrictions, but it wasn't really the same. I wonder if In-Ho had any clothes that were colorful. The only time I had seen him out of his usual black attire was that night when I had come into his room while he had some kind of episode. That night where he was punching the wall after I had gone to bed. He was in a white shirt, which was the single thing different from the typical apparel.

Just looking at him and thinking of that night gave me weird feelings. I was so close to him, emotionally and physically. I took care of him, and he let it happen without resisting like I know his usual personality would call for. He trusted me enough. It was a sweet thing.

He sat down right next to me on the soft bed, and I could feel the tense aura around him. He was questioning what could have possibly happened if we weren't interrupted, but so was I. It was a natural thing to do after this occurrence, and I smiled lightly. I looked at his geometric mask and thought of the man behind it.

"Your dress for the dinner tonight was just delivered," he spoke awkwardly. I laughed.

"Thank you, In-Ho."

He looked at me barely a second after I said his name and stared for a while. I looked at the place where his eyes would be under the mask and gave him a little smile. I then looked down at the clothes in his hands, and I reached out to take them from him. As soon as I had a good grip on them, he immediately put his hands on his sides. I'm assuming that he didn't want to touch me. Maybe he just couldn't.