Part 18:

⚠️HALLUCINATIONS!⚠️

(Frontman's POV)

It took a lot of self control when I saw what he did to Y/N. What possessed him to do that, I will never know. And, I hope I'll kill him before he gets a chance to tell me.

I don't know why I felt so protective of Y/N, and the feeling came on even stronger when I saw tears streaming down her beautiful face. My fists clenched. How dare he do that to her?

    Before I really knew what I was doing, I was walking towards the crying girl. I wanted to try to comfort her. She didn't deserve to be treated like this, and she does deserve some comfort.

    I stopped.

    Jun-Ho.

   Jun-Ho was where Y/N was. He was facing me now, and I was basically frozen where I stood. I recognized the bullet wound in his left shoulder area.

   "Brother..."

    My breath caught in my throat as he stared directly into my eyes. He had no emotions. No fear, no hesitance, no longing. No disappointment. No rage.

  "Let her in."

    I blinked, and he was gone. Y/N was once again where he was standing. His form was replaced by her sobbing one.

   I started my journey over to her again, but slower this time. I looked mostly at my feet, pondering what I had seen just a few moments ago. Let her in?

   I was standing directly next to Y/N now, and she was hiding her face. Her arms were wrapped tightly around herself, searching for comfort, and my face softened.

   "Hey."

   She didn't respond. I reached out my gloved hand and touched her chin. I gently gripped it and pulled her face in my direction. Her clouded eyes met mine.

  "I'm...sorry that happened to you."

   She just stared at me. She still looked sad, but I don't know if she took my words to heart. They're just words, right? She probably didn't even care about what I had to say. Why would she? It's not like we're friends or I like her or something...

   (Y/N's POV)

   I thought it was unordinarily sweet that he would try to help me feel better. Usually he was so cold to me. I've never really seen him so caring, which says a lot because he still seemed indifferent even when he said all of that.

   He already let go of my face and started walking away, so I decided that I would explore a bit more of the room. I was near the front now, which had some strangely shaped object underneath a cloth. I'll admit, I was tempted to see, but I might get killed if I look under. Instead, I turned to explore the furniture and scenery.

   I walked to the nearest couch, which felt super comfortable and had a foot rest in front of it. I let my hand glide over the top of the backrest of the seat. There were also statues there by the area. I went to look at them. Hm. They are very realistic, aside from the fact that they're painted like animals. I looked closer. Oh my god. It's a human!

    I was startled, so I pulled my face back. They hired live models? They were even naked. I mean, with the money they have, yeah, but these poor girls. They have to stand up and not move probably for hours with no break all the while being naked in front of thirsty men. Well, they probably get paid generous amounts, which makes up for the work, but I still can't help but sympathize with them.

    Now that I knew I wasn't alone in the room and that there were people everywhere in front of me, I felt very hyper aware and nervous. It was unsettling when you were in a room with live statues.

    "I'm sure you ladies will do a great job for the rest of the night. Goodbye for now."

    I tried to keep the hurt from my voice as I called out to them, but they might've still noticed. I don't think they would care anyways.

   I walked to one of the unoccupied rooms. The others that contained the VIP's had a sticker that had the character on their mask. Hm. Clever. I pushed open the door and saw a pretty lavish room. It seems like it has been untouched for a while. It had a nice bed, couch, and everything a fancy bedroom needs.

   I walked to lay on the neutral tone themed bed. My body sunk into it slightly, and it was the perfect mix of firm and soft. The VIP's sure have it good.

   I couldn't help but wondering about them. Were they always like this? Snobby, self-centered, and entitled? Or, did they get that way because nobody treated them like something else? They had money, that's probably all that mattered to people. I'm sure the only people that came across were people that 1. Treated them good because they have money, 2. Wanted to get close to them to get a slice of that money, and 3. Wished they were like them and had everything they did. Me, on the other hand, I would treat them no such way. I would treat them based on how their personality reflects that they should be treated. They acted like horrible people, and I shouldn't ignore that.

     Maybe I was just in a philosophical mood, but I just kept wondering about so many things. How I got here, the chances of me being where I am now, why I was selected to be the next Host, and other stuff like that.

    I was too caught up in my thoughts to realize that time had definitely passed, and there was someone knocking on my door. I feared it was the Panther mask, but how would he know I was in here?

   I saw a figure clothed in black promptly enter through the newly opened door. Thank goodness. Just the Frontman.

   "The game is about to start."

   A sudden feeling of fear ran through me. What if the VIP's did worse? Maybe they would force me into a room alone, single me out in front of everyone, make me sit with them again-

    "Hey."

    I looked at him, and he was walking towards me, his coat gently swishing. I looked up at him to see if he would continue.

   "I'll make sure they won't do anything to you."

    His tone was... weirdly soft. Gentle. He never actually seemed to look out for me since I became the Host. There were those times in the game where either him or Il-Nam protected me from my imminent death, but never outright.

   He was looking down at me, seemingly seeing the thoughts rush through my brain. He sighed, and then he bent down. He wrapped his arms around me.

   I was shocked. Never had we shared such a display of something even close to friendship to each other. He felt so warm and comforting, and I felt all my invasive thoughts rush away like water washing over me and pushing my problems far.

   I hugged him back, and my hands felt the expensive material of his jacket. It definitely felt like something designer or definitely made from the finest material money could buy.

   He pulled away after about 20 seconds of us being like this. He was being so... nice to me.

   He didn't look at me much when he straightened his posture and stood up. I watched him turn around and leave.

A/N: I know I didn't post this week, and that's my bad. I mapped out the events for this chapter and the next during school, but I found out that day that I had rehearsal! I stayed until 6 and I've been going to sleep earlier so it didn't come out that day. Though this is finished on a Saturday, this WILL NOT count as a weekend chapter! This is to make up for the previous days when I didn't post. A new chapter will come out either today or Sunday. Thanks guys!