Part 42:

Today is the day. Today is the day that will forever alter my life. My first games with me being the one fully leading it all. I was already picking at my nails from my anxiety and constantly scanning the room. The truth is, I couldn't sleep tonight. I never had more than a few minutes of having my eyes closed. I just had that one feeling in the pit of my stomach that made sleeping an unachievable task. My mattress's softness would probably lull anybody into a deep rest, but my serenity seemed completely unfamiliar to me.

I kicked my feet over my bed and stood up frustratedly while groaning and putting my hands in my hair to ball them into fists. The aggravation of not being able to sleep was seriously wearing on me, and I just wanted to wind down. I was contemplating putting nature ASMR on my phone to fall asleep to, but I figured that even that would be a complete waste of time. The only thing I could think of doing was drinking some alcohol. It had never particularly calmed me down, but I had never tried it. I'm sure the Front Man has something that would actually taste good and relax me. If not, forget that. I'll put a whole cup of sugar in it.

I pulled my hands out of my hair and accidentally stepped on my soft pajama bottoms, which had gotten underneath my feet. They were made of silk, and they were midnight blue. I had a matching white t-shirt made of the same material. I untucked it from beneath me, and made my way to my door.

I cracked it open and cringed when it made a noise. I didn't want to wake up In-Ho for something like this. I'm sure he also needed his rest. Maybe he wasn't as stressed as me, but he could have some pressure on him, especially now that he has a person by his side that's new to this. Why does every action amplify in volume when it's the most inconvenient?

I slipped out of my room and left my door closed but cracked. I walked down the short hallway and was surprised to see In-Ho sitting on the couch. He seemed pretty surprised to see me too. His head was thrown back onto the back of the couch and tilted to see why some noise was being made.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't sleep. Same with you?" I asked.

"No."

"Well, I saw you go to your room when I did."

"Yes, but I didn't go to sleep."

"By choice?"

"Yes."

I squinted my eyes at him and folded my arms. He's being so difficult.

"Elaborate?" I asked, annoyed.

"I didn't want to incentivize you to stay awake by remaining in this room because you need your rest for tomorrow."

"What does that even mean?"

He groaned.

"I didn't want you to continue staying awake because I would still be in here. Therefore, I went to bed and came back out a few minutes later."

I mean... that was oddly sweet. But also, how many times has he done that? If I snore, maybe he could hear me snore... I don't like that thought. Not at all.

"Why aren't you in bed?" He inquired. "Nerves."

The end was more of a statement, but I mumbled a "mhm" before going to his mini fridge with alcohol. His head snapped towards me at the familiar sound, and I looked at him with an expression that said "why'd you give yourself whiplash because I opened your fridge?"

"What are you doing in there?"

I took an opened bottle of wine out and examined it, looking for anything that suggested it was gross.