Part 38:

It was finally time to meet In-Ho's mom. It's definitely been a time I've been nervous about, and I still am nervous, but it surely would go well, right? If she offered to meet me over dinner, then surely she was a chill mom. Hell, we're not even dating and she wants to meet me.

       Jane (was that the stylist's name? I forgot lol) had really outdone herself with this (favorite color) dress. It was beautiful, and it made me look amazing. (You choose how it looks.) I hoped that she'd like it, but also that she wouldn't ask about the expense because 1. I had it custom designed and there probably isn't another in existence, 2. It looks very expensive because of the high quality material she uses, and 3. Having a personal stylist that makes amazing quality dresses for you is even more expensive than usual designer dresses. I wouldn't know what to say, and I'm sure In-Ho hasn't told him mom what he does for a living and that it makes tons of money.

       I finished it off with a (silver/gold/rose gold, whatever you choose) necklace that really complimented my skin and looked very nice. It wasn't covered in jewels, so it still looked like maybe the average middle to upper middle class person could afford it. It was very pretty, and Jane had picked it out on her own accord because it went well with the dress. It even had matching earrings.

I took one last look in the mirror and smoothed down my dress. Now I'm ready to go.

I opened the bathroom door and went into my bedroom to reach the door connected to the hallway. I walked out and looked over to the couch. Surprisingly, In-Ho was already there and waiting for me. Unsurprisingly, he had already started on the whiskey although the night had yet to begin. The glass decanter was glittering under the lights, and it seemed as though he was too busy swishing his drink around to notice that I had finally come out of my room. That, or he was just ignoring me.

I audibly tapped my foot onto the ground to get his attention, and his eyes went to me. He stared at me for a while, and I didn't really know what to do. I scanned the room briefly and met his eyes again. He was still staring, so I randomly blurted something out.

"Drinking before dinner?"

He ignored me and just quickly got up. It happened really fast, and I was surprised a bit by it. He walked toward me and just looked at me. His eyes went lower. What is he looking at?

My lips. He was looking at my lips?

My eyebrows shot up, but of course he couldn't see that. I stared at his face. He had perfectly flawless skin... damn, I wanna know his skincare routine. Wait... is he leaning in?

I suddenly felt a hand gently grab my chin and tilt my head up slightly. I looked down at his lips as well, and we probably got only a centimeter closer to each other every few seconds.

Just a few inches left between us...

And....

There was a knock at the door.

His hand came off from my face and fell down to his side. He turned his back to me to get his mask off of the back of the couch, and I became slightly irritated. Of course a cliche like that ruined the moment. What am I in, some slow burn romance book?

The next time I saw his front, his gray mask was on and his hood was over his head. I wondered who disturbed us. I reallyyyy wanted to give them a piece of my mind, but I didn't want to lose my cool like that. It was very annoying to have that happen. But, why was I so angry at the interruption? Did I actually want that? Maybe...

In-Ho motioned for me to follow him to the door, so I sighed and complied. Hah. That rhymed. I walked behind him and he opened the door. The familiar hot pink suit of our workers stood out.