chapter sixteen

At the end of the day when I went to my car, my mum was standing there looking insanely pissed. She had her arms folded and a sour look on her face as I approached the car. "What are you doing here?" I asked, getting out my car keys.

"I've come to take you home, Luke." She said, "We've already decided you are giving up the baby for adoption."

I shook my head, "You decided not me."

"Luke, we simply can't afford another child, maybe if Michael hadn't have had Alex or he didn't live with us, then yes we would keep it." Mum said.

"Would you stop calling my baby an it, please?" I snapped. Michael soon came to my side with Calum in tow and they were confused. "I'm keeping this child, Ashton and I are going to raise our little egg and if you won't let me keep egg then you won't be in his or her's life."

"Luke—"

"So if you'll excuse us, we are going to go home and watch TV and play with Alex." I said before rounding the car and going to the drivers seat, Michael and Calum going to the back seats. I saw my mum walk away to her own car and I frowned. "Why is she so difficult?" I asked.

"Because Elizabeth can be a bitch sometimes." Michael sighed, "God I wish my own mum was here, she would let you keep the baby." Michael pouted.

"Okay, Ashton's mum called me at lunch so we're going to go over to there's. We'll pick up Alex and then Anne and Will want to talk to us." I told Michael, starting the ignition and he nodded before cuddling in to Calum who kissed his forehead and, God, I couldn't wait for Christmas so I could do that with Ashton.

We drove to Ashton's parents house and when we arrived Lauren was just arriving and she scowled at us making me scoff. "What is your problem?" I asked.

"You." She sneered making me roll my eyes. "You screwed over Ash, the babies probably not even his." She said opening the front door.

"Oh fuck you Lauren." I snapped, following her in to the house, Michael and Calum trailing behind me. "Besides you're dating my brother too, you know? I could easily say a few things that will make him want to dump your ass."

Then Anne came in to view and I grinned, changing my attitude, "Hi Anne." The older lady hugged me, asking Mikey, Cal and I to follow her, Lauren going to her room. "Was Alex good?" I asked as Michael saw his baby and picked up the three month old kid. He kissed his forehead and Calum stroked his thin layer of hair.

"He was perfectly fine, a little angel."

We all sat down and Will entered the room smiling at us. "Hi Luke, boys. So after you explained the situation this morning, we wanted to help you guys out." Will said, sitting down. "Financially."

"Oh." I said a little shocked. "I was just going to get a job, but thank you so much." I smiled. "That's amazing."

"And we can hire a baby sitter for you while you're at school and in the future, work, to look after Alex and egg when he or she is born." Anne smiled, "I'm personally happy you're keeping the baby, I can't wait to have a grandchild, they'll be so cute."

"I know, I'm excited for egg to come." I said putting a hand on my still flat tummy. Two months, and I'll be getting bigger. "It's going to be good."

"We all hope so." Anne smiled before she stood up and went to the kitchen before coming back with an envelope. She handed it to me and I opened it to see wads full of cash inside. "There is a few thousand there, for food and baby stuff and the bills for the house are being paid for by us." Anne said, taking Will's hand.

"Thank you." I smiled again, standing up and hugging Anne tightly. "This means so much to us."

Michael hugged Anne and Calum held Alex in his lap and God, this was great. "Does Ashton know?" I asked, "I haven't had a chance to talk to him just yet."