Another weirdly unexplained time paradox.

Y/n's POV (I dunno what it is with my long stories and time paradoxes. Always gotta have one.)(Warning. intense screaming.)

Friday August 1st
"I think we should go home now." Roy said, sliding off the rock.
"Ok." I answered quietly. I was tired.
We had just left the woods when I realized something.
"Roy wait, My bag is gone." I stopped walking.
"Do you know where it is?" He asked.
"I think I left it in the graveyard. I didn't have it in the forest." I replied. "We have to go get it. Jaune will be mad if I lose one of her bags."
"Ok. Let's go."

We looked for my bag in the place where we were gathering grass but it was gone. Just great. The graveyard was starting to get cold. Almost too cold for this time of year.
"Where is it? Where else could it be?" I worried.
"Probably got moved by an animal or something. C'mon let's find it." Roy took my hand so that we wouldn't get separated and walked quickly down a path, using our flashlight to look around.
"Is it just me or is it really cold out here?" I commented. I shivered and could see my breath.
Roy stopped to roll his eyes, chuck his jacket at me and then continued swiftly down the path. I didn't have the time to respond before I was being dragged along again. Under his jacket, Roy was just wearing a yellow T-shirt, so I had to assume he was cold, too. 
"You sure you don't need this?" I asked.
"Yeah, we'll be quick." He replied. 
I nodded and tried to shimmy the jacket over my shoulders. He wouldn't usually do this.
"Thank you.. but seriously, it's the middle of August. Why is it so cold out here? It feels like winter!" I said.
"I don't know. Let's just find this bag and get out of here." 
I sighed and then focused my attention on trying not to stumble too much. I forgot how fast Roy could be when he wanted to.
"Hey I think I see something up there! Look!" I pointed to the top of a small, grassy hill. The same hill where I've faced the dead mayor.
Roy turned off the path sharply and sped up the hill. It was my bag. I could have sworn I saw something taller up here, but it was just my bag. I reached to pick it up, but after I had it over my shoulder, several figures stepped out from behind the mausoleum. 
"What the?" I exclaimed.
"Roy! Y/n! Welcome!" Called a familiar voice from the crowd. 
The ghostly figure of Mayor Evermore stepped out of the group, phasing through the figures.
"What? But how? I thought you were possessing us! How are you here?" Roy cried.
"Oh dear.. Y/n didn't I tell you that you and your group needed to hurry up? That my remaining loyal followers were going to resurrect me, even stronger? Well, you took too long." Evermore answered smugly.
"Oh like Voldemort." I said.
"No! Not like Voldemort! I'm cooler and I'm real and I have a nose!" Evermore yelled.
"Y/n, why didn't you tell us he was planning something?" Roy turned to me.
"I didn't think he would do it! I didn't think it was important! I mean, he was just a quarter of a guy glitching out of existence the last time I saw him!" I retorted.
"Shut up. You and your little group have been causing me so much trouble and it's time I dealt with that. Starting with you two of course." Evermore silenced us. He pointed a finger at us. "Kill them!"
"Run!" I screamed and bolted down the hill, down a random path, dragging Roy along with me.
The cult was chasing us closely, Evermore in front. Roy quickly passed me and was running quite a bit faster than me. I was stumbling trying to keep up.
"Where are we going to go?" I panted between sharp breaths.
"I don't know! You chose this direction!" Roy snapped.
"Uhhh.. um.. wait! I have an idea! Circle around the yard, try to lose as many cultists as you can and get back to the entrance. Then run to your house and don't stop until you get up to your room." I explained.
"What are you going to do?" He asked.
"I don't want to risk them hearing us. Just do it. And do you remember when we were running through the house together and you made sure I didn't hit anything?"
"Yeah?"
"Do that again!"
He nodded sharply. I fumbled for my phone and called Susie.
"Y/n? What is it? Where are you?"
"Susie." I spoke in a whisper. "You need to gather the supplies for that exorcism and put it all together and ready NOW and FAST." 
"What? Wait why?"
"Evermore is out of our bodies and has remaining followers. They're chasing us right now. Maybe if we set up that exorcism fast enough and do it, we can lure Evermore in and expel him. Get everything you need from Roy's garden and then set up in his room. Get Robert and Ross. I left the book on my bed."
"Oh shit ok!" I heard scrambling on the other side of the phone. "Ross! Robert! Wake the fuck up we have shit to do!"
I winced.
"How much time do we have?"
"As long as it takes Roy to circle the cemetery and run home at full speed. So not long."
"Ok we're going. Get up you two!"
I hung up the phone and shoved it back into my bag. 
"Jump!" Yelled Roy.
I jumped just in time to clear a mini crevasse across the path. A few cultists tripped and got stuck in the crack. Someone should probably fix that. There were still about 6 cultists left in the group and I was worried that Jaune's front door could only handle 2 tops.
"We need to lose more!" I shouted.
"I'm working on it!" Roy replied, swerving between some graves and bee-lining toward the pond.
"There's no use running! My followers may get tired but I am dead! I can chase you until you have a heart attack!" Yelled Evermore.
"Get ready to jump and get soaked." Roy instructed, ignoring Evermore's statement.
I nodded. We neared the pond and leapt. Obviously we didn't clear it and landed in the water but we were close to the other side and were able to get out and pick up speed again.
"Egh.." Roy shuddered. Right, he hated germs. 
"Aggh!" I heard a yell behind me. A couple more cultists couldn't clear the pond and were splashing around in the center of the pond. I knew from experience that that part of the pond was surprisingly deep so here's to hoping they couldn't swim. A couple of them just went around. Those cultists are kinda dumb, not gonna lie. My phone vibrated and I picked it up.
"Hi! We are at Roy's house and Milo is helping us set up. We just need the grass and the water. We are almost done!"
"That's great, Rob! We'll be there soon! Can you tell someone to wait at the door to close it and lock it when we get inside? I think it will be faster that way."
"Uh yeah sure. But how will the door keep out Evermore? He's a ghost."
"We aren't trying to keep him out. We need to lead him to the exorcism to expel him."
"What will we do about the cultists when we expel him?"
"We'll just have to figure it out."
I hung up before they could respond. 
"Y/n! We're almost to the exit!" Roy announced. He pointed to the ornate gates of the cemetery.
"Great! Great let's get out of here!" I responded.
I glanced to my left and saw a figure sitting in the grass of the yard. They were smaller than the cultists and looked.. somehow frozen in place.
"Roy, do you see them?" I asked. I stopped briefly.
"What? Oh. Whoever it is, I don't care. Probably a leftover cultist, now let's GO!" He replied quickly before taking off again. We bolted out the gates and were now booking it down the street to Milo and Steve's house. I could almost feel the cult hot on our tails.
"We have to lose more of them!" I said.
"Way ahead of you." Roy replied before diving over a fence into someones yard. 
"What are you doing?" I cried.
"Losing them!" He said, dragging me to the opposite fence and climbing over that one as well.
"We'll navigate through these yards to lose them and cross the street to my place at the end of the block." Roy explained.
All I could do was nod. I was getting severely out of breath. We hopped a few more fences and lost at least 2 cultists, leaving just two with Evermore.
"Alright, one more fence and then we break for the house." Roy said.
We climbed over as fast as we could and bolted for Roy's house. it was at the end of the street, but I could see that the door was already open. 
"The door is open! Don't stop!" I panted between short breaths. Roy nodded.
"If you think a door can stop us, you're just as stupid as I thought you were!" Evermore cried.
We shot through the door of the house and only skidded to a stop once we were in Roy's room.
"Move! Move!" I shouted while catching my breath. I scrambled to get the grass out of my bag.
"The door is closed!" Shouted Ross from downstairs. He hurried up to us.
"Put the water on the floor and put the candle on it!" I instructed.
Roy poured the water and Susie put the prepared candle on top. I put the grass in the water.
"Lighter!" I held out a hand and Susie handed me one.
"Get around the candle! When Evermore gets up here, we light it!" I instructed. I knelt down, lighter at the ready. 
Aggressive pounding could be heard from the door, as the cultists tried to get in. We were all shaking in fear. Evermore entered the room and the lights changed colors, washing the room in monochrome blue. 
"You thought you could just kill me, trap me, and then run from me and expect to get away from me?! Well guess what, you stupid kids, plus whoever that is," He pointed at Milo, who was cowering by the wooden bear, "I can not and never will be gotten rid of that easily! You can run as far as you want but I will always find you and catch you! You can never get rid of-"
I lit the candle. Suddenly, the room smelled very strongly of parsnips and my eyes burned.
"NOOOOOOO!! AGGGHAHHE IT BURNS!!" Screamed Evermore. "THE PARSNIP!! IT BURNS JUST LIKE I WAS TOLD. THE PARSNIP BURNS!"
Cracks appeared in his ghostly form and he began to glitch like how he did in my dreams.
"TH-TH-IS ISN' THE E-E-END YOU HO-HO_RRIBLE  BR-ATS!!"
"Yeah sure." Said Susie bitterly. "See you in hell Evermore."
"Damn Susie." Said Ross.
The cracks in Evermore's body grew even more and he blew up. The room was flooded with a blinding white light and one final scream as I covered my eyes. When the light had faded, the room was dark. The lights had turned off. The room was silent as people gathered their bearings. Out of the corner of my eye, through the window, I could see the two remaining cultists booking it away. 
"Is he.. gone?" Robert spoke up eventually.
"Um.. yeah.. I think so.." Susie said.
"Where do you think he went?" I asked.
"Hopefully we never have to know." Ross added.
"You kids have had to deal with this kind of stuff for how long?" Milo questioned.
"Doesn't matter now.. He's gone. It's over.. holy shit, it's over!" Roy exclaimed.
"It's over! No more cult, no more ghosts!" Susie cried.
"No more cursed houses and no more weird blue liquid!" I stood up.
"No more late night meetings in the park where we have to sneak out! No more fighting!" Robert said and they pulled Ross into a tight hug.
"No more indefinite sleepovers where we wonder if we'll see our families again." Ross choked out through the tight hug.
"I'm sorry, what? What have you kids gone through?" Cried Milo.
"I think.. we'll tell you tomorrow. I want to sleep. In my own bed." Susie said.
"I can go home and stay there for more than a couple of days!" Robert celebrated.
"Let's all go home." I said.
"Yeah!" Cheered the rest of the group.
"What should we do to celebrate tomorrow?" Asked Susie.
"Well.. I think we can figure it out when it gets here. I am sick and tired of planning almost non-stop for the past 7 months. Let's just see what we're in the mood for tomorrow." I said and yawned. 
"Sounds perfect." Susie replied.
We all said our goodbyes and set off to our own homes, for once feeling safe walking the night.