WE'RE BACK IN THE GODDAMN BUILDING

Y/n's POV

Tuesday March 17 
The plan was ready. Roy and I had just gotten back from the craft supply store with the materials we needed and were now waiting for 7:00 to hit. 
6:50
The sun was scheduled to set at 7:00 at this time of year and we needed the cover of darkness so we wouldn't get caught. I paced back and forth by the window while Roy sat on the chair, tapping his foot on the floor. 
"You want to run through the checklist again? Just to make sure?" I suggested, stopping my pacing. We had already gone over the checklist about a dozen times but I needed something to distract me from the tightening in my stomach while we waited for 7:00.
"Sure." Answered Roy in a tired voice. He felt the same.
I grabbed the list and started reading off supplies. 
"Yarn"
"Check" Roy said back after checking the bag that we had gotten at the craft supply store.
"Water"
"Check"
"Baseball bat"
"Check"
"Other baseball bat"
"Check"
"Flashlights"
"Check"
"Tape"
"Check"
"Bandages"
"Check"
"Pepper spray"
"Check"
"Rubbing alcohol and cotton swabs"
"Check"
"Alright. We're all set." I said after all of the items had been listed. The timer I had set on my phone went off. It was 7:00. Time to go.

The building was just as imposing as it has always been. We were nervous of course but hopefully, this time, we were prepared.
The main entrance seemed darker than it was before.
"Ready your weapon." I whispered. 
Roy pulled his baseball bat out of his backpack. I did the same. We had taped a flashlight to each bat so that we could use our other hand.
"Alright. C'mon." I ran quietly up the stairs to the second floor with Roy close behind. Once we were at the top, Roy grabbed one of the balls of yarn we had bought at the craft store. The plan was simple. We would each grab an end of the yarn ball as we explored. Once we got to the end of the ball, we would tie another yarn ball to the end and continue the cycle. That way we wouldn't get lost and we would be able to find our way back to the entrance. Also, hopefully, the yarn continuing through the rooms might disrupt the weird magic in here and cause it not to shift around. 
I grabbed one end of the yarn ball. Roy grabbed the other. We were trying to talk as little as possible while we were up here. We nodded at each other and began walking in opposite directions. The house was quiet, like usual. The hallway I was walking down had far too many twists and turns and far too few doors. I reached the end of the yarn and tied a new ball to the end. If either Roy or I found something, we were to shout or text the other. It would be easy to find them because of the string. 
I shot a text quickly to see if Roy was making any progress. We made sure to turn our notifications off.

You: Anything?
RoynaldMcDoynald: No

And that was the end of it. We had to keep our texts as short as possible so we could focus. 
My search went on for quite a while. Every 40 or so minutes I would check in with Roy to see he was having just as uneventful of a time. It was as if this place had been abandoned. 
I stepped cautiously through another door. Before I could react, two red sleeves were wrapped around my mouth and midsection. I was dragged back, deeper into the room. I had dropped my bat at the entrance of the room. I fought against the grip as hard as I could, but whoever this was was too strong and I couldn't get free. I still held onto my yearn ball. 
With all of the chaos and fighting I didn't notice that the room was full of hooded figures as well as non-hooded figures. It also took me far too long to realize the one holding me was repeating my name, frantically.
"Y/n! Stop! Y/n!" 
I froze for a second. I knew that voice. The grip around my face was removed.
"Ms. Williams?!" I cried. I turned around and stumbled back when the grip around my midsection was released. 
Ms. Williams, I think Jaune was her name, was Ross's mom.
"Y/n, please." She took her hood down. She looked tired and disheveled. "Listen to me."
"YOU'RE A FUCKING CULTIST!!??" I screamed. My head was spinning and I stumbled a bit more. 
Another figure caught me before I could fall over. This one wasn't hooded. I recognized her as Lila. The purple haired lady that Jaune was "friends" with. She let go of me after I regained my balance.
"Y/n. We aren't cultists. All of the cultists moved their location to the school. I guess they couldn't deal with this place anymore." Explained Jaune. 
"And I can see why! This place is a fucking nightmare!" Said another non-hooded figure from the cluster behind Jaune. 
This one was a man with light brown hair and a 5 o'clock shadow. 
"Well then.. what are you? And why are you wearing the cultist robes?" I asked warily.
"When the cult up and left this place, they abandoned some of their cloaks. We use them as an armor/camouflage as well as cozy blankets. As for who we are.." She paused.
"We are the resistance!" Said everyone in the room. Ouch, loud!
"The resistance?" I questioned.
"Mhm. We recently found out about the cult and we want to help you kids tear it down!" Said Jaune enthusiastically.
I had to blink for a second to absorb that information.
"What? Wait I have so many questions. How did you find out about the cult? How do you know about our plan? How are there so many of you? How long have you been around? And what convinced you to help us? This plan is pretty dangerous and doesn't seem like the kind of thing that adults and especially parents would condone." I said.
"She had to get a little convincing from us." Said Susie, stepping out from behind Jaune. 
"They all did." Said another voice. He stepped out from behind Jaune on the other side and I gasped.
"And we're sure glad you did, dear. With all of us, the cult won't stand a chance." Said Jaune. 
"Ross!" I shouted, when Jaune was done. I had the least amount of time to talk to Ross, so we didn't have the strongest relationship, but I was still very happy to see that he was alive. 
"Don't worry. Susie filled me in on what all happened while I was in a coma. Though she won't clear one thing up. Are you and Roy good now? She keeps laughing in the middle of explaining." He said. 
"Oh." I said. I shot a glare at Susie and she giggled. "Yeah, I think so. He's here actually. We made another plan."
"Is that what the yarn is-" Susie started but was cut off by Ross.
"He's here! Where!" He said frantically. I had never seen his calm demeanor waver this much.
"Um, yeah. He's probably coming right now actually. If one of us screams or texts then the other will follow the yarn and find them. I hope he remembers the part about tying the yarn down first so we can still find our way out." I explained.
Roy burst through the door. Speak of the devil. The string was still in place, so he remembered the procedure. 
"Back off fuck-asses!" He shouted, voice dripping with hate.
"Roy! Roy! Calm down it's ok-" I said, starting to explain. Roy cut me off.
"ROSS!!" He screamed. He dropped his bat (dumbass) and ran to Ross.
He wrapped his arms around him in a hug and Ross, though startled at first, hugged back.
"You're awake! I thought.. I thought you were gonna.." He choked out, stepping back a bit. He looked at Ross as if making sure he was real. 
"It's ok, Roy. I'm fine now. At least I think I am. Susie and I broke out through a window before the doctors could give me a proper 'good to go.'"
Susie waved a small wave. 
"Susie? What are you doing here?" Asked Roy. He wiped his face off on his sleeve. 
"Well someone had to bust Ross out of the hospital so that we could convince his mom to start a secret army to destroy the cult." Said Susie.
"And you didn't feel like, I dunno, TELLING US?!" Shouted Roy.
"Hey! Keep your voice down, I'm right here." Said Susie. "We didn't want to risk the cult taking your phones or something and finding out." 
Roy grumbled something inaudible. 
"So, to recap, if you're still confused, we are not cultists. We just have some of their robes. We are the resistance, fighting back against those creeps!" Said Jaune. 
"Alright.. this is actually a.. pretty good idea." Said Roy. "Now we have an army of sorts." 
"Exactly! I thought we were hitting a dead end, but now that we have the resistance in our playing cards.. That gives us a whole onslaught of possible plans to destroy this cult." I replied.
"Spectacular! Susie told me that you kids were great at coming up with plans. Whatever you four come up with, we will help you, full tilt!" Exclaimed Jaune. "To the rebellion!"
"TO THE REBELLION!!" The room chorused. 
Finally we had a break through.

"Wait, Steve from yacht club?" Said Roy, noticing the brown haired dude. Our town had a yacht club? It's in Arizona..
"Hi, Roy. Good to see you aren't dead, kid." He said.
"Are my parents here?" Roy asked.
"Uhhh... no." Answered Steve