Matches

Warning: Roy's Uncle, Mentions of large fires, alcohol, abuse, and SA
Y/n's POV

Sunday June 15
It was around 2:00 am when Roy called me. The ringing of my phone woke me up and I almost declined it and went back to sleep when I realized it was Roy. He never called anyone this late except for Robert who never slept. Something must be going on.
"Mmm yeah?" I said groggily as I answered the call.
"C-can you come outside? Please?" Roy said in a wavering whisper. Something was wrong. He never sounded this nervous or shaken up ever. Even after all the events that transpired during the reign of the cult.
"Yeah? Why?" I asked, rubbing my eyes. I slid out of bed and dragged my feet to the door of the room that I slept in. The spare room in the attic.
"Just come out here.. I'll explain when you get out here. Please don't wake up Ross or- or anything.. I can only d-deal with one person right now." Roy responded. He sounded awful.
"Ok.. wait.. are you outside?" I whispered. I looked both ways when I exited the bottom of the stairwell that led to the attic. No one there. I dashed quietly down the stairs to the first floor.
"Um.. yeah. Sorry." Said Roy, much quieter this time.
I opened the front door and stepped out. 
"Geez, what happened to you?" I asked, hanging up the phone call.
Roy was standing outside the door, shrunken into his sweater. However, his sweater was severely damaged. It had burns on it and even a few sizable holes, also appearing to have been burnt through, revealing the white T-shirt he wore underneath. His hat was burnt as well and so too was his hair. His face had what appeared to be ash smudged all over and a bruise on his cheek. 
"Can I come inside? I can explain in there." He said. He fiddled with his hands and glanced behind him. Only then did I see the cop cars parked a little ways down the street.
"Oh my gosh! Yeah yeah, come in. You can, um, sit on the couch." I said with surprise.
I ushered him inside and closed the front door. Roy sat down on the couch and I sat next to him.
"Ok. What happened?" I asked. Roy sighed.
"I came downstairs to get a drink of water at, like, one or something but my uncle was still in the kitchen. He was drinking water to deal with a hangover I think and, um, the sink was still running. I was, um, I was scared but I got a glass down anyway because I was really thirsty. My uncle was still pissed or drunk or something so he, um, well he hit me on my face here. Then he um.." Roy paused for a moment. "He tried to, um, touch me, but I was angry and still tired and I was sorta done dealing with his creepy shit so I grabbed a box of matches out of the kitchen drawer. It was the closest thing I could grab. And I said that if he didn't back off I would light one of the matches and throw it at him. His shirt had alcohol stains so I was hoping that he would be scared of catching fire easily. But, um, he wasn't and kept trying to hurt me.. So I lit one of the matches and threw it at him, but I missed and it landed in a puddle of spilled alcohol and the kitchen set on fire. Then the fire spread and it probably has the whole house by now if the fire fighters haven't put it all out yet. I just barely got out. I don't think my uncle did at all."
Once Roy was done with his story my mouth was agape and I had to close it. I couldn't think of anything else to say other than
"Holy shit.."
"So once I had gotten out, I called 911 and the police drove me here after asking some questions." Roy finished.
"Oh my gosh. I can't believe that happened to you. Are you ok?" I asked worriedly.
"Yeah, I think so. Just some burns and the bruise." Roy replied.
"Alright, get up." I said, standing up.
"What? Why?" Asked Roy in confusion at my sudden movement.
"I need to fix you up. Can't let you go any longer in this condition without some help." I answered fervently
"Y/n, I'm serious. I'm fine." Roy insisted. I wasn't buying it.
"Look. I'm glad you aren't dead or dying currently but you still have injuries that need tending to. Come on." I insisted back.
"Alright alright. But you'd better not treat me like a baby or try any experimental surgery, ok?" Roy finally gave in and stood up. It felt like he was standing too close but the room was dark and that was probably my tired brain and eyes making things up.
"Don't worry. I would never experiment with surgery on you." I reassured him.
"You're wonderful.." Roy rolled his eyes. I ushered him upstairs to the main bathroom. I put the toilet seat down and gestured for him to sit on it while I pulled out various medical items from the cabinet. He did as instructed and sat down. I pulled out bandages, cotton balls, burn reliever and various other things. 
"Alright, what hurts?" I asked in a serious tone.
"Mostly my cheek and my hands. I had to touch some hot debris to access the front door." Roy answered. I nodded.
I started work on his face first. I used a washcloth to clean the ash and soot off while also cleaning up his bruise. Good thing his skin hadn't been broken. Next I looked at his hands. There were some serious burns on his hands. Probably 2nd degree. These were from pushing some burning thing out of the way to get out. It was kinda admirable if you thought about it. This guy certainly had a strong will to live. I cleaned up his burns with cotton and cold water. Roy winced at the sharp pains. Once the burns on his hands had been cleaned up I wrapped them in bandages. 
"Alright, there we go. Do you have any other injuries that I should know about?" I asked when I was done.
"No.. I think my sweater protected me from most of it." Answered Roy.
I nodded.
"Ok, come on. Back to the couch." I said, standing upright.
"Ok." replied Roy. I had never heard him so quiet before.
We sat back down on the couch. 
"Sooo.. Do you have somewhere you have to be orr..?" I asked.
"No. I Told the police that this place was my closest and safest option to stay at while they figured things out. I don't know where I would go if you decided to kick me out." Roy responded. He looked down at his hands in his lap.
"Kick you out? At this hour? In this condition? Absolutely not. I am no monster. You will be sleeping on this here couch and I will be accompanying you." I insisted.
"Oh.. Um.. Alright.. Are you sure? I know you have your own room. You could sleep up there. I move around a lot in my sleep, too." Said Roy.
"It's quite alright. I need to be able to monitor your condition." I replied simply.
"Alright. If you insist. But don't say I didn't warn you if you get kicked." Huffed Roy.
"Wonderful! Now lie down and go to sleep." I instructed. He lied down so his head was close to one of the arms of the couch. I scurried upstairs to the closet. Skye was fast asleep. I smiled at her lightly before grabbing some blankets and pillows and dashing back downstairs. I threw a blanket over Roy and set up a place for myself on the carpet.
"Thanks.. Y/n." Roy said sleepily. 
"Don't thank me. Any sane person would do this." I replied as I crawled into my floor bed.
"Well.. thank you anyway." said Roy
"Goodnight, Dumbass." I yawned.
"Goodnight, Loser." Roy answered.