49

Y/n's POV (Update on the forest situation. The laptop is almost out of battery and we are still in the woods. Our shelter looks great but we have no idea what country we are in so it might take awhile to find a charger. Sorry!)
(Warning: More throwing up and such, calling 911, stressful moments)

Tuesday June 17
We were all back in the graveyard. Susie suggested that we should look for clues about what happened last night and if it will happen again. We were looking around the place that we had seen Mayor Evermore before. Roy looked hesitant to help in the search. 
"Something wrong?" I asked.
"Yeah something's wrong!" Roy said in a quiet voice to hide his disdain from the rest of the group. "This is literally the place where I got possessed and shit!"
"Ok that makes sense. Maybe there's another way for you to help that isn't looking around here." I said, looking around. 
"Also, I don't feel well. It's just been getting worse since we left Ross's house. My stomach hurts." Roy complained.
"What? Why didn't you say anything before we left the house?" I questioned. I was starting to get worried. 
"It wasn't that bad when we left the house. I just thought it was leftover effects from last night mixed with Jaune's weird homemade bread at breakfast." Roy grumbled.
I looked around quickly with an annoyed look on my face. 
"How bad is it?" I asked, turning back to Roy.
"I feel like I'm gonna be sick.." Roy said. His face looked pale (ha) and he was clutching his stomach. 
"Shit." I muttered. 
I turned back to the rest of the group and called out, "We're gonna go! Roy feels sick! We'll be back as soon as we can!"
I then ushered Roy over to a public bathroom. 
"If you're gonna throw up, do it in there." I instructed.
"I'm not going to throw up. I just need to sit down." Roy argued. Why did he have to be so stubborn?
Though I guess that's one of the reasons I like him. The dumbass wont back down. However, I feel like it's going to be the thing that gets him killed someday, if we don't die from Unnamed Ghost Disease.
Speaking of Unnamed Ghost Disease, Roy looked even worse now. He looked tired and sickly and was hugging himself. Shit. 
"Roy you look awful," I kneeled down to look him in the face, "You sure you 'just need to sit down?'"
"Im.. Gonna.. Be fine." Roy muttered. He pulled his knees up to his chest and closed his eyes. 
"Ok no. This isn't ok anymore. You look like you're dying. C'mon." I pulled him up to his feet and guided him into the bathroom. He struggled against my grasp but didn't have the strength.
"I- I think there's only.. one person allowed.. in the bathroom.. at a time." Roy protested.
"Too bad. I'm not leaving you in here alone." I argued. 
 I put my hand on his forehead. It was cold. Too cold.
"You're freezing! What the hell?" I exclaimed.
"Yeah no shit! It's cold out today!" Roy said. 
"No it isn't! It's 70 degrees out!" I replied. "Let me take your temperature."
"With what?" Roy asked.
"My pocket thermometer." I said. I pulled a small thermometer out of my pocket.
"Why do you just have that?" Roy questioned.
"For times like this. Now put this in your mouth!" I answered.
"Hell no! I.. I don't know where.. that's.. been." Roy tired himself out from arguing. Roy couldn't maintain an argument? This must be serious.
"Yes! I need to know your temperature! This one is unused but I can rinse it off if you want." I said bitterly.
"Ew no! Not in.. public sink.. water.." Roy stumbled over and I supported him more on my shoulder.
"Alright understandable. Just put this in your mouth." I spoke in a softer tone. He's too sick to yell at, now.
He did so reluctantly and I took his temperature. 55 Fahrenheit. Shit, that's bad!
"You're 55 degrees! You're, like, dead!" I cried.
Roy's eyes widened and he snatched the thermometer to check. 
"Shit!" He squeaked. "Why am I so cold!"
He started panicking. Honestly, I did, too. But I shoved that aside. Panic distorts logic. I had to do something. 
"I'm calling 911." I said. 
"I think I'm gonna be sick." Roy clutched his stomach.
"Go over to the toilet then!" I said frantically.
"Hey is everything-"
"Go away, Susie! Take the others home!" I shouted, slamming the bathroom door and locking it.
"What? Why?" Susie asked through the door.
"Just go! We will get home when we get home!" I yelled. I fumbled for my phone in my pocket.
"O-ok! If you aren't home by tonight I'm calling you!" Susie responded. I heard her footsteps running away.
She was gone before I could argue. I turned back to Roy to see him slumped over the toilet. Ew.. Public toilets. I crossed the room and knelt by him. He was shaking and his head was buried in his arms. 
"Just hold on, Roy. I'm calling 911." I said in as calm a voice as I could muster. I dialed the number on my phone and waited as it rang. The dispatcher picked up.
"911 what's your emergency"
"My friend is sick! His temperature is 55 degrees! I don't even know how he's still alive but I think he's gonna throw up or something. My name is Y/n L/n, we are in a public bathroom at The Graveyard in Spooky Town, Arizona." I answered fervently.
"Alright. We're sending ambulances to your location. Is your friend conscious?"
"Yes. But he's weak." I replied.
"F-fuck.. you.." Roy muttered.
I almost laughed. But I couldn't. Even in an ill state like this, Roy wouldn't stand for anyone calling him weak, even if it was the pale faced, shaking and shivering, truth.
"Ok. We will be there in about 5 minutes. Sit tight, alright? Don't hang up."
"I won't." I said. I set the phone down and turned back to Roy.
He lurched forward quickly and coughed up that blue liquid in the toilet. 
"Oh no.." I muttered. I straightened up on my knees to get better leverage. His hair was short but just long enough to get in his face. I held it back for him. 
"Wh-what are.. you doing?" Roy breathed heavily from exhaustion. 
"Helping you, dumbass. Now stop talking, it's tiring you out." Stress seeped into my voice.
Roy grumbled a bit more, then coughed up more ghost juice. 
I could hear sirens approaching the yard. Roy whipped his head up and looked at the door intensely. He covered his ears.
"What is that?" He asked in a raspy voice.
I listened. The sirens were quiet. Roy was acting like he was right next to one.
"The sirens?" I asked. He flinched.
"Why is everything so loud?" He whispered.
I was about to ask what he meant when there was a loud knock on the door.
"Kid! Are you in there? This is the paramedics!" Someone shouted. 
I sprung up to unlock the door. 
The next moments were a blur. The paramedics rushed in and took Roy's temperature. He was yelling about how loud it was and trying to fight them off. They got him into an ambulance and drove off to the hospital. I was shouting for them to let me go with him but they wouldn't let me. Then they were gone. And so was Roy.