Settling In

(Warning: There is a lot of cussing in this story. Like a lot. Not much in this chapter but it picks up pretty quick) (Y/n, the Hatzgang and all of their peers are 14 in this story. I don't know if they have canon ages but many people headcanon them to be 13-14ish so that is what i am going off of.)
Y/n's POV

Sunday September 4th
If we have to move again I swear I am going to tear my hair out. I think my sister, Skylar, agrees. I understand that my mom has to move around a lot for work but I am getting sick and tired of moving around almost once every year. None of the towns that we have moved to since mom got this job have worked out very well for me. Come time for us to move again and I am eager to leave. I guess that contradicts my previous statement. She says that this town is going to be our forever home and that she was able to stay in one place for work. Let's hope this town isn't as bad as the others. We will be staying here for awhile.

After driving for what seems like hours we finally arrive in a small town. We pull up to a small, two story house in a decent neighborhood. 
"I just got a call from the truck guy. Our furniture should already be inside." Said Mom. "Alright kids! Grab your bags, let's get inside!"
She unlocked the door and went to open the trunk. 
"Are you excited to finally be in a permanent home?" I ask my 7 year old sister.
"Yeah yeah!" She said gleefully, tugging at her seat belt. I unbuckle her seat belt for her and get out of the car to open the door. She grabbed her backpack and ran to mom who was standing near the front door. I love my sister. No matter what happens, she is always there to cheer me up. I will do everything in my power to keep her safe. I grab my bag and head towards the front door. 

"Oh it's perfect!" I say as I step into my new room. The room is big and open with a good amount of natural light. Plenty of room for my T R I N K E T S. 
"Glad you like your new room!" Said mom. "Your bed is already set up in the corner so all you need to do is organize your T R I N K E T S." She stepped out of my room to allow me time to get used to my new space. I started pulling T R I N K E T S out of my bag and setting them up on my shelf and bed. After I was done I flopped on my bed and looked at the ceiling. I don't know what it is but I get the feeling that I'm going to enjoy it here.

"Alright, kid. You have school tomorrow so get to sleep soon." My mom said to me while I was chilling on my bed after dinner. "Remember to brush your teeth! I'm going to bed." 
"Goodnight mom!" I call as she starts to stroll to her room. 
"Y/n?" I heard a tiny voice from my door. I look up from my T R I N K E T S to see Skylar standing in the doorway. 
"What is it Sky?" I asked as I got up to walk to her. I crouch down so that I can look her in the face.
"Do you think you could tuck me in?" She said nervously. I smile and sigh as I stand up.
"Of course." I said. I held her hand and walked her to her room near our mom's room. Skylar always needs to be tucked in for the first few nights in a new house. She doesn't like significant changes of scenery and they make her nervous. 
She climbs into her bed and I put the soft pink blankets over her head. 
She giggled "Thank you Y/n." She said as she closed her eyes. 
"Goodnight, Sky." I whisper. I turned off the lights and closed her door. 

I hope that school goes smoothly tomorrow. I don't make good impressions very often and I hoped that I would be able to make some friends. Now that we have a permanent home, maybe I can make some permanent friends.