Hell on Earth

Y/n's POV

Thursday December 27th
The next few months were a living hell. I learned the names of the other group members shortly after our confrontation. The black haired kid was Ross, the blond was Robert, and, no surprise, the auburn haired boy was Roy. I thought that if I avoided the Hatzgang that they'd leave me alone. They seemed to imply that if I didn't mess with them then they would at least entirely ignore me. But no matter where I was or what I was doing they always went out of their way to mess with me. Not that I didn't mess with em back but they obviously started it. I'm just defending myself. Also, remember when Roy wrote his stupid name on my arm? Yeah it's still there. Still just as visible as it was on the first day. I don't know what kind of pen he used but whatever it was, wasn't going to come out any time soon.
I was digging through my locker to find my math notebook. Somehow, anything that went into my locker, never came out. 
"Come on, come on." I whispered to myself. My hand touched something cold and slimy. I pulled my hand out quickly to see what it was. There was a sticky green substance on my hand. 
"Ew ew!" I yelled. Those little gremlins must have put something in my locker! I slammed my locker shut and ran to the bathroom. (There are all gender bathrooms at this school.) I fiddled furiously with the sink handle, trying to turn the water on with shaky hands. Then I heard it. 
Sniff
There was someone else in the bathroom. I paused to listen.
Sniff sniff
The second stall. Someone was crying. I wonder what happened. I walk quietly over to the stall so as to not disrupt the person inside. I knocked lightly on the stall.
"Gasp!" 
"Hey. Are you ok?" I asked the person. 
"Sniff. No. No I'm not ok." The person responded. "Someone stole my sketchbook! They're gonna put the drawings up all around school."
I already had a guess but I still had to ask.
"Who stole your sketchbook?" 
"This short bitch called Roy and his weird gang. Sniff."
Why am I not surprised. It appears that I am their biggest target but that doesn't mean that they won't bother other people. Though for some reason I seem to be the only one who has tried to stand up to them. Anyone who I ask about it says that people are scared of them. I rubbed my arm through my hoodie. I can imagine why.
"What is your name?" I asked the person in the stall.
"Susie. sniff. what about you?" 
"My name is Y/n. I want to help you get your sketchbook back Susie." 
"Oh! You're that new kid! The one that stood up to shortie and co!" The stall door opened revealing a brunette girl with her hair in a ponytail.
"I can't believe you actually tried to fight back against the most feared bully group in town!" She said. Her eyes were puffy from crying but she smiled at me none the less. 
"Emphasis on tried." I said sarcastically. "Now all I want to do is avoid them as much as I can."
Susie looked a bit concerned. "I heard from someone who saw what went down that they really hurt you. What happened?" 
"Oh nothing much just broke my shit punched my guts." I joked bitterly. 
"Oh dear! That sounds awful!" Said Susie in a concerned tone. "Makes my issue seem pretty insignificant, huh?" she chuckled sadly. 
"No I don't think so. I know if someone tried to steal one of my things (which he did and it broke) I would be really sad, too." I said in an attempt to comfort the girl. "I still want to help you get your sketchbook back. How about after school we meet in the park and come up with a plan." 
"Really?" She said. "Oh, thank you! Thank you! You have no idea how much that means!" 
"Of course!" I smiled at her. "Anything to help a fellow victim of shortie and co."
We both laughed a bit before I realized that I still had green stuff on my hand. I rushed back over to the sink and rinsed it off. Passing period wasn't going to last forever.

After school I went to the park to see if Susie was there already. I saw her sitting on a bench watching two kids on the swings. I sat down next to her.
"You came!" She turned to me. 
"Of course I did! Now, do you know how much time we have before he puts all the drawings up?" 
"I think so. I remember he said that he was gonna get a new role of tape over the weekend and then put the drawings up."
"Ok so, since it's Thursday, we have about 3 days to get your book back. I'm sure we can come up with something and get your drawings back before Monday." 
"Hey Susie. Who's that?" Asked a little kid wearing a pumpkin mask. That's strange, It wasn't October.
"Do they know it's Spooky Month?" Another little kid in a skeleton costume whispered loudly. 
"Ugh. Go back to swinging you two! We are having a secret conversation." Said Susie sternly. The two kids ran off to go swing again. 
"Who were they?" I asked Susie.
"My little brother Pump and his best friend Skid. Gramps said that I had to take Pump with me to keep an eye on him and those two are basically inseparable." She rolled her eyes. "It's fine though. It's not like I have to talk to them or anything. As long as I don't let them die then we're all good." 
I chuckled a bit. "Understandable. I have to babysit my little sister, Skylar, a lot when my parents are out." I said. 
"Well then you understand the struggle." Said Susie with a dramatic sigh.
"Ok. Enough chit chat. Let's come up with a plan to get that sketchbook back."

Friday December 28th
The plan was simple. Too simple, really. We probably could have come up with something more complicated but we were in a time crunch and couldn't waste any extra hours coming up with and getting the supplies for a super complicated plan. The plan seemed to be fool proof though. Somehow we would get the combo for Roy's locker. I would distract him and his gang and lead them away from where Susie would break into his locker and take her sketchbook back. We assumed that the most likely place for her book to be would be in his locker. This plan couldn't fail. 

Every part of the plan seemed entirely possible except for getting Roy's locker code. How were we gonna get his code? Luckily, an opportunity presented itself.
"It's jammed!" I heard Roy yell from a little ways down the hall. Then I heard a loud metal sound of what I assumed to be Roy kicking his locker door. I tried to hurry past him so he wouldn't notice me but that creep has, like, a sixth sense of where I am at all times or something. There wasn't any better explanation for how his gang kept finding me. He whipped his head around to look at me.
"Hey! Loser!" He shouted at me. I turned around slowly and cautiously. "Do you know how to un-jam a locker?" He approached me and crossed his arms. I was about to say no and run to my next class, but an idea popped into my mind before I said anything. If he really has no idea how to un-jam a locker then I could come up with the most random shit and he would believe me. I could get his locker code. I wouldn't be able to take Susie's sketchbook back with him standing there but getting his locker code should be a piece of cake. I was always good at remembering number sequences.  
"Yes actually. I do." I said in a sly tone. "Why?"
"Well that's good." He grabbed my wrist and dragged me to his locker. He held on really tightly and left a red mark on my wrist when he let go. 
He gestured towards his locker.
"Do your stuff!" He said demandingly. 
Now I just realized what I had gotten myself into. I did not, in fact, know how to un-jam a locker. If Roy found out I lied I would surely get into a fight but I didn't have a clue about how to open this locker.
"Well?" He said, impatiently tapping his foot. 
"Um- I uh- I need your locker code." I stammered out nervously. 
He raised an eyebrow at me and my face got hot with nerves. Holy shit, he's onto me. He's gonna figure out I lied and then try to hurt me and-
"30 27 3." He said, pulling me out of my thoughts. 
"O-Oh. Um ok. Good good." I repeated the number sequence in my head as I knelt down to get a closer look at his locker. Maybe if I found out what had jammed it, I could find a way to undo it. I was able to identify the cause of the jam quickly. One of the straps of Roy's backpack got caught in the lock of the door. 
"It looks like your backpack is caught in the door." I said, pointing out the cause of the jam.
"No shit sherlock! Just fix it already!" He yelled. 
"Ok ok!" I said. I turned back to his locker and rolled my eyes. 30 27 3, 30 27 3, 30 27 3.
"Ok, I think I know how to fix this." I said. I tugged on the strap lightly. Then I pulled it down sharply and pushed it through the door. 
"Ok Ok.." I muttered to myself. I put in his locker code and the door opened. Not surprisingly, Susie's sketchbook was sitting on the floor of his locker. Good to know for sure. 
He pushed me out of the way and started grabbing things for his next class. I dusted myself off and started to walk away when I heard something that I thought wasn't possible.
"Thanks." 
I turned around to look at Roy. Had he just thanked me? The guy who hated my guts and took any chance he could to hurt me?
"Um- You're welcome." I said 
He didn't say anything else.