I'm Crying

Y/n's POV

Monday March 16
School has been cancelled. We got the email ten minutes ago with no further explanation. There won't be school for a week, but we have no idea why. Roy, Susie and I have decided to investigate tomorrow when we are all feeling better. School couldn't have been cancelled for no reason, right?
I was sitting on the floor next to Roy, making sure he didn't break down while he processed the situation.
"Kids! Breakfast!" called my mom from downstairs.
"You two coming?" Asked Susie.
I looked at Roy and then back to Susie.
"Give us a sec. We'll catch up to you two." I replied.
Susie nodded and left the room with Sakana.
"We'll get him back." I said to Roy.
He nodded lightly and shuddered.
"We will. We'll figure something out." I repeated.
He nodded again.
"You want to get breakfast now?" I suggested.
He shook his head and pulled his knees closer to his chest.
"Alright." I said.
I stood up to go to breakfast. Roy didn't like people to think he was "weak" or "emotional" so while I wanted to stay with him I also wanted to respect his wishes. I was about to walk away when I felt something slip into my hand and pull me back.
"Can you- um- can you.. stay?" Roy mumbled. He had grabbed my hand.
"Oh! Sure!" I said. 
I was surprised he wanted me to stay but I wasn't going to argue. I sat back down next to him, this time a bit closer. 
"Thanks." Roy said quietly. 
I looked at him with a look that said "anytime." 
Roy and I sat in silence for a good 10 minutes before Susie came back upstairs.
"Are you guys coming to eat or what?" She said.
Roy stood up and I realized he was still holding onto my hand. I stood up as well.
Mom had made pancakes and the smell was wafting down the hallway when we stepped out into it.
After everyone had finished eating, Roy, Susie, and Sakana left to go home, leaving me with my thoughts. 
I went back upstairs without saying anything to my mother. I texted the group chat.

You: Guys. We need to figure out how to get Robert back. Where could they have taken him?
Smoothie: The House?
You: It seems too obvious. Sure, that place is a nightmare to get through but we were able to get Ross back and they must have known that. 
Smoothie: What if they wanted us to get him back? He wasn't guarded or anything.
You: Good point. But why? Why would they want us to get him back? 
RoynaldMcDoynald: Everyone come to my house now
Smoothie: Why? Whats wrong?
RoynaldMcDoynald: We can ask the book. It said to open in when we need help.
You: Thats a good idea! Im on my way
Smoothie: Same

I shoved my phone in my pocket and ran downstairs. 
"Sweetie! Where are you going?" Asked my mother.
"Roy's house. He- um- accidentally took my toothbrush instead of his. I just have to return it." I replied quickly. 
"Alright. Don't take too long, you have a checkup later today." She called back.
I pulled my shoes on and ran out the door as fast as I could. 
While I was running I ran into Susie who was also booking it to Roy's house. 
"Ow! Sorry!" Susie apologized rapidly while rubbing her head where we bumped into each other.
"It"s ok! It's ok. C'mon." I said, offering my hand to her. She took it and I pulled her up.
We ran together and shortly arrived at Roy's house. When we arrived, the sheet rope was already out the window. We climbed up and entered Roy's room. He was sitting at his dresser desk, holding the book in his lap. 
"You two got here quickly." Said Roy. His demeanor had changed since he lost both of his best friends. 
"We didn't want to keep you waiting." Said Susie, slightly out of breath from the run and climb.
We all clustered around the book which Roy had set on his desk. 
"Well? Open it!" Said Susie after we had been staring at it for awhile. 
"Right." Said Roy, snapping out of his trance. Yeesh. We need to get his friends back fast before he becomes completely dispondant.

Wasting time instead of helping your friends again? Makes sense. I'll help you since you aren't too annoying. 
Alright, here's the deal. I can't do too much for you because it will mess things up but I can give you a few hints. I'm on a tight schedule so I hope you're a fast reader. 
Number 1: Y/n, be wary. Someone close to you is on the opposite team. Maybe avoid that check up.
Number 2: Roy, same to you. Stay in your room tonight and no matter what, don't go downstairs. Doesn't matter how loud they yell. Stay upstairs.
Number 3: Susie, you're next. Don't overthink it. 
Number 4: Someone needs to check on Ross. Choose wisely!
I'm sure you kids can figure the rest out. You're smart like that. I have to go now. Go do your thing.