Sleepover!

Y/n's POV

Friday February 15
"Alright kids! Get to sleep soon." My mom whispered at us from the doorway. We had already gotten a snack and brushed our teeth (with the spare brushes ofc). 
Mom closed the door and I heard her footsteps slowly fading away.
"Yeah, that's not gonna happen. I just spent 3-ish hours passed out in the nurses office. I don't plan on sleeping any time soon." I said once mom's footsteps had disappeared.
"That's the spirit! Let's get our slumber party on!" said Susie, enthusiastically.
"Please never say that again." said Ross jokingly yet tiredly. 
"Yeah. I won't. It sounded cooler in my head." Susie replied sheepishly.
"Alright party people- and Roy- what shall we do first?" I said, rubbing my hands together. "First sleepover in a new town. Let's make it count. No pressure." 
We all thought for a second. 
"We could watch a movie." Suggested Susie. "You have a laptop, right?" 
"Ooooo good idea! Let's watch f/m (favorite movie)" I said.
"No. We have already watched that movie together, like, 10,000 times." complained Susie.
"I like f/m. I haven't seen it in a while." said Robert.
"No! Robert! Don't encourage them!" argued Susie jokingly.
"I will watch whatever you guys want to watch. As long as it isn't Cocomelon or something like that." Said Ross. He yawned and leaned on Roberts shoulder sleepily, earning a soft blush over Robert's face. 
"Yess! That's 3 votes for f/m! That's majority!" I cheered.
"That's not what I said." said Ross.
"Well we all know it was heavily implied. I'll get the laptop!" I said triumphantly.
"Y/n! No!" said Susie. She got up and followed me, arguing the whole way.

I won the debate and we were watching f/m. I pressed play on the mouse button excitedly. 
"I love this movie." I whispered.
"Yeah. I know." said a disgruntled Susie.
"Oh Susie. You'll learn to love it."
"I used to love it before you forced me to watch it a hundred times."
"You'll learn to love it again. You're like a caterpillar. Right now you are in your chrysalis stage."
"What the fuck, Y/n."
"I know. Perfect comparison. Just like me."
"Shut up and watch your movie, you little scoundrel."
"Alright, alright."
I watched the screen intently as the various scenes played out. Ross had already fallen asleep and was laying on his stomach under a blanket, cuddled up next to Robert who looked like he was fighting to stay awake. Roy was sitting in a corner looking at his phone using some earbuds that I let him borrow. My favorite scene played out on the screen and I paid close attention, trying to notice every detail that I could before the camera angle shifted. I heard a light thud next to me and turned to see what had caused it. Susie had fallen asleep and was laying on her side on the floor, sprawled out like someone who just fell off a cliff to their death. I smiled lightly and pulled her blanket further over her. It was getting close to the end of the movie when I noticed that Robert had fallen asleep as well. One of his arms rested across Ross's shoulders and the other was supporting his head like a pillow. 
The movie ended and I closed the computer. I got up to turn the light off. I was getting a bit sleepy as well. Turns out falling unconscious does not always equal rest. My legs, back and arms were still sore from the "dance" earlier and I was craving sleep. 
I heard a small yelp in surprise when I turned the light off. The room flooded with darkness and the only light I could see was the white glow of Roy's phone. I had forgotten he was awake.
"Sorry." I whispered.
"Yeah yeah. It's fine. Um- could you come here for a sec?" Roy whispered back.
What was it this time?
"Sure?" I replied. I crept as quietly as I could over to the corner that Roy was sitting in and sat down cross legged. My eyes adjusted to the dark and I saw that he was looking down at his hands that sat in his lap.
"I just- um- I just wanna say that.. I'm sorry for.. what happened earlier." He said. 
"Oh. Thank you." I said. I was a little surprised. Roy never apologizes. Period.
"I got carried away in the whole moment and all and I took it too far. I was.. I was wrong." He continued.
"Hey it's ok, man. I'm totally fine. I'm pretty sure you didn't mean to knock me out. And besides, you've done worse to me. I've learned how to take a punch or two." I said with more nonchalance than was probably normal. That didn't seem to reassure him. If anything he looked even worse now. Instead of a dejected look he looked.. worried? 
"ugghh.. and I'm sorry for that, too. I mean I'm rude to almost everyone I meet but you especially. Something about you just really ticked me off at first. I thought if I beat you up or something like that it would make that feeling go away but it didn't. If anything it made it worse. It grew from annoyance to anger to, weirdly, unease. There's something about you, Y/n. It freaks me out and gets under my skin. I don't know what it is specifically but it's always there. Whenever I look at you or text you or talk to you I always get this weird feeling, similar to the feeling you get when you're being watched or followed. You're one of the most confusing and uncomfortable people that we have had to deal with. You don't act like any of the other people we pick on. But all of that is stupid of course. Just my mind playing tricks on me. That's why I feel so stupid for spending so much time focusing on you. You're just weird. Nothing new. This town is full of weird people." He said. 
I blinked for a second. I was surprised. Why did I of all people make Roy of all people feel uneasy?
"Well.. I don't know if I'm the weird one." I said after a while. Roy looked up at me, confusion in his eyes. "You're quite the weirdo, too y'know. You've got those crazy mood swings and your personality is a muddled up mess. Sometimes I feel like I've figured you out and then you'll throw a curve-ball at me and I have to somehow work that into what I already have. You're confusing. Like a tree that grows pineapples or a flower growing out of the surface of a rock like dirt. Weirdly impossible yet, if you think about it for long enough, it starts to make more sense, even though you know it shouldn't."
Roy blinked at me in surprise. Then started chuckling quietly, trying not to be too loud and wake the others.
"I guess I deserve that one. How about we're both weird?" He said. He extended his hand to me.
"Sounds just right, good sir." I said as I shook his hand.
"Pfft. What's with the voice?"
"I haven't a clue what you mean."
"Whatever." He said. He rolled his eyes and smiled a bit. 
I giggled and tried to keep quiet. 
"Oh and.. one more thing.." said Roy. His expression changed to one that was more serious.
"Shoot." I replied. I yawned unintentionally and started fantasizing about sleeping in a nest of blankets and pillows.
Roy sighed and it looked like it took him a lot of willpower not to say "never mind, I forgot" right then and there.
"I- um- I.. I forfeit." He said. 
My eyes widened as I looked back at him. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.
"What?.." I asked.
"I forfeit the bet. You win the Uncomfortable Game." He said, looking back down at his hands.
"Why? What happened?" I asked. I felt like maybe it wasn't real. Like this wasn't really happening. 
"I broke the rules. The first one. We're not allowed to physically harm each other, yet I sent you flying into a table so hard that you fell unconscious."
"Well, don't give yourself too much credit. The table did most of the work. I hope it's ok."
"Y/n."
"Sorry. I just can't fully process what you just said. Oh wait, didn't I break the rules first? I started the whole dance thing."
"What dance thing? We were just dancing like people do at dances." Roy's tone changed to a more playful one quickly.
"Roy. We both know that's not true. I totally want to win and all but I want to win fair."
"And you will! I was planning on forfeiting before the dance even started. I underestimated what I was up against and couldn't handle it."
"Yeesh. Do I really freak people out that much?"
"I don't know about everyone else but you sure put me in a state of unease. Just take the win ok? Before I change my mind and get my lawyer to drop some evidence on your ass."
"Ok. Ok. That means that you and your friends can't touch us."
"I remember."
"But we're all still going to meet up at the Anti-cult meetings right? That's not done now?"
"Yeah. We'll still hold meetings and make plans."
"Alright"
And with that, the game was over. It felt like it had been just yesterday that I was meeting with the Hatzgang at the park to discuss the rules to the bet.
I won.