déjà vu

Eri's days have grown boring. She wakes up does something stupid, gets in trouble and gets grounded. This needed to stop, she finally was ungrounded and could meet up with Emi.

Of course, Eri waited until the clock hit 12 and made her way to meet Emi. This was her first mistake that night, not telling anyone other than Emi, that she was meeting her.

Eri walked the light filled streets of Shibuya after getting off the bus. She was meeting at a playground that they had claimed as their own.

They were around 6–7 years old when they did that. This was one of the first Memories Eri had with Emi.

Thinking about it, she and Emi have really been friends for long. Maybe it started in preschool or elementary school. She wasn't really sure because time usually went faster when she was with Emi.

She texted Emi asking when she would arrive and didn't get a reply. Emi's found must be on the bottom of her bag.

Eri started to look at some TikToks when suddenly someone came over to her. The guy was really weird, and Eri wasn't one to judge. He had a black hood on his head, and she couldn't really see his face because of the light.

"Do you need something?" The guy didn't say anything and just walked past her. The further he walked, the more something grew.

Eri felt pain.

She looked down at the dress she was wearing. The soft pink fabric now spotted a mad red dot that grew every passing second.

''motherfucker...'' she whispered.

Eri then realized something, she was stabbed. Her breathing was getting heavy, and her eyes started to burn. No, she wouldn't cry because of a small scratch, she was a bad bitch.

Would this be her end? Dying in a playground, she and her sister claimed their own. She always wanted a dramatic death, this was anything but dramatic.

Right there still was Emi, Eri sat on the floor trying to control her breathing and getting her phone out. She now saw how much her hands were shaking, probably from low iron.

This pain was nothing she repeated inside of her mind, the period pain was much worse.

She looked at her phone and started to open her chat with Emi.

'Emi I don't think you should come.'

She put her phone on the ground and let heavy breaths out, and for the first time touched her wound. She was not going to do that again. Her phone started to light up.

'The fuck are you talking about, I'm there in 1 minute. Did something happen?'

Eri didn't know what she should answer and decided to just wait for Emi.

She looked down at her dress and saw the dot was now a circle. There was also the fabric of her dress that was ripped when she was stabbed, she really liked the dress.

Eri then heard footsteps and knew Emi was there.

" Eri where the fuck are you, you cunt?" Emi had her phone flashlight on, and Eri smiled at Emi's words.

" You seriously need glasses, just don't think they make you smarter," Eri smirked at the words she let out, and Emi let a groan out.

" I'm not getting glas- the fuck, why are you lying on the floor?" Emi was walking over to where Eri was sitting on the floor.

" Doing hot girl shit." Emi rolled her eyes and the moment the flashlight was close Emi saw it. The red circle that was growing.

" Is that a prank? If yes, then wrong timing, Halloween is in like-whenever October is." Eri rolled her eyes.

" I'm not pranking you, I got stabbed by some wannabe gangster." Emi still didn't seem to believe her, but the closer she got, the truer it became.

" fuck, Eri why are you so calm, let's call an ambulance." Eri watched Emi talking on her phone and smiled. She finally knew what she wanted to do in the future. The words however were not shared, that would have been far too selfish.

" This is feeling like an episode of a show. What do you think it would be called?" Emi sat down next to her.

" Maybe 'don't die' or 'if you die, I'm gonna haunt your ass'." Eri chuckled at that, trying her hardest to ignore the pain.

" Emi what would you do if I die?" Emi glared at her.

" Stop with the sappy bullshit Eri, I swear if you die I will never forgive you. I will walk down to hell and beat you up until the devil gives you back." Eri raised an eyebrow.

" Brutal. Emi I just have realized I have been doing many things without you for a while now."

" I forgive you, as long you're not doing that with that cunt, Ayame." Eri let a face of pure disgust out.

"I would rather get stabbed, well, I already got but a second time for good measure." Emi looked at her, unamused.

" I'm talking about this kidnapping stuff." The silence grew after that. Eri's eyes now starting to get heavier after every time she closes them.

"It's alright, you know that I don't really care about that." Eri just let a 'hm' out. She put her head on Emi's shoulder.

" Does it hurt getting stabbed?"

" Emi if this is really my last moment with you, I'm going to make sure that the next time we see each other is when you have grown old and wrinkly." Emi bit her lip.

" Promise me to live your life, I'm not going to forgive you if you die at 17." Eri felt water droplets falling on her and turned her head slightly. Emi was crying for her.

" Stop talking like you're dying you cunt, we will both grow old to be grandma's and talk shit about everyone." Eri nodded and looked at the shoes of Emi.

" Emi can you do me two Favors?" Emi didn't let a sound out.

" Make sure that if the old hag that I call my mother comes to my funeral, that you kick her out. I would rather die without a mother than a mother like that." Emi let more tears fall from her eyes.

" The second favor..." things were blurry after that for both Emi and Eri. The ambulance came and took them both with them. 

Eri died on the morning of the 16th of June at 01:01 AM. Her sister was at her side for the last time. The last words, 'thank god I chose this outfit as my ghost outfit'.

____

for more heartbreak, listen to Enchanted by Taylor Swift. There will be two chapters left, stay turned.