079. apple pie family crap

They're supposed to go on a case in a mental hospital, Sam's only idea being to get themselves admitted.

Miranda was supposed to go, the two parents planning to leave their daughter in Bobby's care.

"Hey." Miranda walks up to Sam.

"Hey. You ready?" He asks.

"Um... about that, I-- I don't think I'm gonna go." Miranda says.

"What? Why not?" Sam frowns. "We haven't left the house much and a case might help."

"Well, I'm thinking getting myself into a mental asylum wouldn't help, actually." Miranda counters. "I just-- I'm not really in the mood to, uh... do all that."

"Okay. Are you all right?" Sam asks.

"Yeah. Yeah, no, I-I'm fine. Or as fine as can be given current circumstances. It's nothing, Sammy, really, I just don't wanna go." Miranda says.

"Okay." He nods, softly kissing her. "I'll see when we get back."

"Yeah." She nods. "Love you."

"Love you."

+++

Sam and Miranda are sitting on the couch at Bobby's.

"Do you think I should bury anger?" Sam asks, playing with her fingers.

"I don't think you should bury anything. Just hurts you in the long run." Miranda says, running her fingers through his hair. "Why are you asking?"

"I'm just... angry all of the time." Sam quietly says, frowning. "I don't know why. I just... can't control it. Dean said I should bury it so I don't end up in a mental place like Martin."

"Honey, please, please, please never take advice from your brother -- especially when it comes to emotions." Miranda says. "You have all the right to express any sort of emotion. Anger, joy, sadness, disgust. Pushing it all away is not healthy. It just fucks you up more, baby."

"Right." Sam mumbles.

"If you want help releasing it, there are things you can do that are healthy. You can work out, write, vent to me all you want. You could do a little singing and dancing." She says. Sam gives her a look for the last two. "What?" She laughs. "It can help sometimes. I'm serious. Releasing all that energy, it works. I promise."

"I'll try the first few before I ever attempt those last two." Sam says.

"Buzzkill." Miranda mumbles.

"Shut up." Sam chuckles and she laughs.

"We could also have angry sex." Miranda says, smiling. "That probably works."

"Yeah, but mixing anger with you is something I don't wanna do. Don't wanna be rough enough that I break you or something." Sam says. Miranda gently shoves his head making him chuckle.

"Okay, angry sex doesn't have to happen if you're not cool with it. That's fine." Miranda says. "I do have something that... might hopefully make you happy."

"What?" He asks.

Miranda reaches into her back pocket and holds up the stick. Sam's eyebrows furrow before he realizes what it is. He takes the stick and reads the positive result.

"You-- you're-- this is--"

"Mm-hmm." Miranda smiles and nods.

"You're sure?" Sam asks.

"Yep. Went to the doctor yesterday, there is definitely a bun in the oven." Miranda says. "Guess the possible end of the world sex was very good."

"Wait, but I-- I pulled out." Sam says.