055. tuesday

Miranda is getting ready and Dean turns the radio clock on, "Heat of the Moment" by Asia playing. The music wakes Sam up, the man sitting up.

"Rise and shine, Sammy!" Dean exclaims.

"Dude. Asia?" Sam asks.

"Come on. You love this song and you know it." Dean says.

"Yeah, and if I ever hear it again, I'm gonna kill myself." Sam says. Dean turns the volume up.

"What? Sorry, couldn't hear you." Dean says. Sam laughs. Carly starts to cry at the loud volume, Miranda glaring at Dean.

"I just got her to relax." Miranda says.

Dean pretends to not hear her and bops his head along to the music as he gets up. Miranda charges at Dean, ready to strangle him.

"Hey, hey, hey." Sam quickly gets up, stopping her. "Not in front of the baby." Miranda huffs. "I got her. Don't worry." He kisses Miranda on the head before going to Carly. "Hey, baby." He coos. "Hey. C'mere." He carefully picks her up, cradling her in his arms. "I got ya. Don't worry."

~ ~ ~

The couple are by the door, Sam holding Carly's car seat, as Dean walks around the room.

"Whenever you're ready, Dean." Sam says.

"This your girl's?" Dean asks his brother, holding up a black bra. Sam glares at him, his jaw clenching.

"If you were the last dude on earth, I still wouldn't fuck you." Miranda says.

"Ah-ha." Dean takes his gun out of his bag. "Now, who's ready for some breakfast?" He walks out.

~ ~ ~

They walk into the diner, making their way to a booth.

"Drive safely now, Mr. Pickett." The cashier says.

"Yeah, yeah." Mr. Pickett waves him off.

"Order up!" The cook calls as the three sit in a booth, Dean across from them and Sam puts Carly's seat between him and Miranda.

"Can't stay unless you order something, Cal. You know the rules." The waitress says.

"Some coffee." Cal says, giving her some change.

"Hey. Tuesday. Pig in a poke." Dean points at the poster on the wall.

"You even know what that is?" Sam asks.

"You three ready?" The waitress walks up to them.

"Yes. I'll have the special, side of bacon and a coffee." Dean says.

"Make it two coffees and a short stack." Sam says.

"Two short stacks and one orange juice." Miranda says.

"You got it." Doris walks off.

"I'm telling you, guys, this job is small fry. We should be spending our time hunting down Bela." Dean says.

"Okay, sure, let's get right on that. Where is she again?" Sam asks.

"Shut up." Dean says.

"Look, believe me, I want to find her as bad as you do. In the meantime, we have this." Sam says, pulling out papers.

"All right, so this professor."

"Dexter Hasselback was passing through town last week when he vanished."

"Last known location?"

"His daughter says he was on his way to visit the Broward County Mystery Spot."