054. sex dreams

They walk into Bobby's hotel room, looking around. Sam is carrying Carly's car seat, gently setting it down on the floor.

"So, what was Bobby doing in Pittsburgh?" Sam asks.

"Unless he's taking an extremely lame vacation..." Dean says.

"I mean, he must have been working a job, right?" Sam asks as the three look around.

"Well, you think there'd be some sort of sign or something, you know?" Dean says. "Research, news clippings... or a fucking pizza box or a beer can."

"How 'bout this?" Sam asks and the two walk over to the closet where he is. Sam pushed aside all of the clothes to reveal research on the back of the wall of the closet.

"Good old Bobby, always covering up his tracks." Dean chuckles.

"You make heads or tails of any of this?" Sam asks. Dean grabs a paper off the wall.

""Silene capensis." Which, of course, means absolutely nothing to me." Dean says.

"Here. Obit." Sam takes a newspaper clipping off the wall. "Dr. Walter Gregg, 64, university neurologist."

"How'd he bite it?" Dean asks.

"Um... actually, they don't know. They say he just went to sleep and didn't wake up." Sam says.

"Like Bobby." Miranda says.

"Yeah." Sam nods. "All right, um... so, let's say Bobby was looking into the doc's death. You know, hunting after something--"

"--that started hunting him." Dean says. "All right, stay here. See if you guys can make heads or tails of this."

"What are you gonna do?" Sam asks.

"I'm gonna go look into the good doctor myself." Dean says before leaving.

+++

Dean is sitting in an arm chair and Miranda is lying on the couch. Carly is asleep in her bassinet. They're researching and Sam and fell asleep at the desk.

Sam starts moaning in his sleep making the two freeze. Dean smirks in amusement at Miranda who avoids eye contact.

"Sam?" Dean calls. "Sam? Sam. Sam, wake up. Sam!" The younger brother finally wakes up. He sits up, wiping his mouth. "Dude, you were out. And making some serious happy noises. Who were you dreaming about?"

"What? No one. Nothing." Sam says. Miranda's eyebrows furrow at him.

"C'mon, you can tell me. Angelina Jolie?" Dean asks.

"No." Sam tells him.

"Brad Pitt?"

"No. No! Dude, it doesn't matter."

"Whatever."

"Whatever."

"I called Bela."

"Bela? Yeah, okay. She gonna help us?" Sam asks.

"Shockingly, no, which puts us back to square one. Nat and I have been trying to decipher the doctor's notes. Unfortunately, he has worse handwriting than you do." Dean says. "You gonna come help us with this stuff?"

"Yeah, yeah. Just give me a sec." Sam says.

There's a knock on the door and Dean gets up, going over to it. He opens it a little bit before opening it completely, an annoyed look on his face. Miranda sighs when Bela walks in.

"Bela. As I live and breathe." Dean says.

"You called me. Remember?" She asks as Dean shuts the door.