035. hunted

Miranda wakes up to a hand softly shaking her. She only opens her eyes halfway to find Sam crouching next to the bed.

"What?" She mumbles.

"I'm leaving. You wanna go with me?" Sam whispers.

"Go where?" She asks, slowly falling back asleep.

"Figure some stuff out. Take some time away from Dean." Sam quietly says.

"Oh, well, I'm in." Miranda mumbles. She holds her arms out to Sam.

"Really?" He raises an eyebrow.

"You wake me up in the middle of the night, you carry me. Way the world works, honey." Miranda says, making a grabby hand motion.

Sam quietly scoffs and rolls his eyes, walking off. Miranda pouts, turning away from him. He slings his bag and her bag over his shoulders and grabs her shoes. Sam goes back over to the bed.

"Come on." He puts his hand on her hip, pulling her onto her back. She groans. "Let's go, princess." He pulls her into a sitting position before looping her arms over his shoulders. He pulls her up, Miranda wrapping her legs around his waist.

"Why are you carrying me like this?" She mumbles, digging her face into the crook of his neck.

"If you're gonna complain, I'll drop you." Sam whispers.

"Sorry." She whispers, kissing his neck.

Sam quietly leaves and walks to a small black car that's near the Impala. He opens the driver's seat with a coat hanger and opens it, unlocking the car. He quickly goes over to the passenger side and opens the door, carefully putting Miranda in the seat.

"Seatbelt." Sam tells her.

"Okay, dad." She mutters as he shuts the door and she puts her seatbelt on.

Sam gets in the driver's seat and drives off before they risk getting caught.

+++

Sam and Miranda walk into the roadhouse. Most people's, if not everybody's, attention turns to them when they step in.

"Um..." Miranda glances up at her boyfriend. He grabs her hand and leads her over to the bar where Ellen is.

"Sam. Miranda." Ellen greets.

"Hey, Ellen." Sam grins sheepishly. Miranda gives her a polite smile. "You don't seem that surprised to see us."

"Well, your brother's been calling, worried sick, looking for you." Ellen says.

"Yeah. Figured he might." Sam says.

"What's going on between you two?" Ellen asks.

"So, um, how's Jo?" Sam avoids the question.

"Well, I don't really know." Ellen answers.

"What do you mean?" Sam asks.

"Well, I haven't seen her in weeks. She sends a postcard now and again."

"Well, what happened?"

"Well, after she worked that job with you kids, she decided she wanted to keep on hunting. I said "not under my roof," and she said "fine.""

"So we're probably the last two people you want to see right now."

"Oh, don't get me wrong. I wish I could blame the hell out of you kids. It'd be easier. Truth is, it's not your fault, Sam. None of it is. I want you to know that I forgave your daddy a long time ago for what happened to my Bill. I just don't think he ever forgave himself."