002. jericho

Sam is in the passenger seat of the Impala and going through Dean's cassette tape collection.

"Hey!" Dean calls, walking over to the car. "You want breakfast?" He holds up some junk food.

"No, thanks." Sam says. He looks back when the back door opens and Miranda gets in.

"Here you go." She hands him a water bottle and trail mix that doesn't have M&Ms in it. Sam lets out a quiet chuckle.

"Thanks." He mutters.

"Mm-hmm." Miranda opens her bag of pop tarts and starts eating on. She leans over the front seat, looking at the cassettes.

"Ugh." She grimaces making Sam chuckle.

"So, Dean, how'd you pay for that stuff?" Sam asks. "You and dad still running credit card scams?"

"Yeah, well, hunting ain't exactly a pro ball career." Dean comments.

"Could get actual jobs to help ya out." Miranda comments.

"Besides, all we do is apply. It's not our fault they send us cards." Dean says.

"Yeah? And what names did you write on the application this time?" Sam asks.

"Uh, Burt Aframian and his son, Hector." Dean says, getting in the car and Sam shuts his car door. "Scored two cards out of the deal."

"That sounds about right. I swear, man, you've gotta update your cassette tape collection." Sam says.

"Why?" Dean asks.

"Well, for one, they're cassette tapes. And two... Black Sabbath? Motorhead? Metallica?" Dean snatches the Metallica tape. "It's the greatest hits of mullet rock."

"Well, house rules, Sammy." Dean says, popping the tape into the player. "Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole."

"You know, Sammy is a chubby twelve year old. It's Sam, okay?" He tells his older brother.

"Sorry, I can't hear you, the music's too loud." Dean says, smirking.

"Just so you know, you're never getting me to stop." Miranda tells her boyfriend.

"Okay, Randi." Sam smirks. Miranda glares at him making him grin.

+++

"Thank you." Sam hangs his phone up. "All right. So, there's no one matching dad at the hospital or morgue. So that's something, I guess."

"Could still be dead in a ditch and nobody's found him." Miranda says.

"Randi." Sam gives her a look.

"Sorry." She mutters.

"Check it out." Dean nods to a bridge where a couple of police officers are standing on it, two police cars and a stranded car on the bridge.

Dean pulls over and turns the engine off. He opens the glove box and pulls out a box full of fake IDs, shuffling through them before getting one for each brother.

"Let's go. She stays here." Dean says.

"Excuse you?" Miranda scoffs.

"We'll roll the windows down." Dean says.

"Dude." Sam glares at his brother.

"Fuck you." Miranda gets out of the car.

The three go to the bridge and walk over to the cops.

"So, this kid, Troy. He's dating your daughter, isn't he?" Jaffe asks.

"Yeah." Hein says.

"How's Amy doing?" Jaffe asks.