063. halloween

Sam and Miranda are sitting on the couch in the motel and Carly is on the floor and playing. Dean gets back and tosses his keys on the table and unwraps a piece of candy, tossing it in his mouth.

"Really? After that guy choked down all those razor blades?" Sam asks.

"It's Halloween, man." Dean says.

"Yeah, for us every day is Halloween." Sam says.

"Don't be a downer." Dean says, sitting on the arm of the couch. "Anything interesting?"

"Well, we're on a witch hunt, that's for sure, but this isn't over your typical hex bag." Sam says, pointing to the open hex bag on the table.

"Hmm, no?" Dean asks. Sam picks up a dried flower.

"Goldthread, an herb that's been extinct for two hundred years. And this--" He picks up a silver piece. "is Celtic, and I don't mean some new age knock off. It looks like the real deal, like six hundred years old real."

Dean picks up a small charred object.

"And, um... that is the charred metacarpal bone of a newborn baby."

"Ugh." Dean puts the bone down. "Gross."

"Relax, man, it's like a hundred years old." Sam says, picking the bone up. Miranda gives him an incredulous look.

"Oh, right, like that makes it better?" Dean sarcastically questions. "Witches, man, they're so fucking skeevy."

"Yeah, well, it takes a pretty powerful one to put a bag like this together. More juice than we've ever dealt with, that's for sure. What about you? Find anything on the victim?" Sam asks.

"This Luke Wallace? He was so vanilla he made vanilla seem spicy." Dean says. "I can't find any reason why somebody would want this guy dead."

+++

Dean and Miranda get to the basement where a high school party was and a teenage girl died while bobbing for apples.

"I don't see why I had to get stuck with you." Miranda grumbles.

"Because your child wouldn't let go of Sam. Kid's got a serious grip on her." Dean remarks.

"Yeah, whatever." Miranda mumbles.

"Have you been drinking?" An officer asks a teen girl who has a blanket wrapped around her.

"Yes." Tracy answers. Miranda goes to walk over, but Dean stops her.

"I got this one." Dean says.

"Yeah, you don't have this one. Your nasty, pervy ass is gonna search for something while I talk to the minor." Miranda says.

"I would never." Dean says.

"She's probably not even 18. You deserve to be in prison." Miranda says, walking over to the girl and cop.

"Damn it, Sammy. Stick me with your uptight ex." Dean grumbles, starting to look around.

"It's just so weird. The water in the tub, it wasn't hot, I had just been in there myself." Tracy says.

"Your friend didn't happen to know a man named Luke Wallace?" Miranda asks. Tracy looks at her and she holds up a badge. "Agent Peart, FBI."

"Um, who's Luke Wallace?" Tracy asks.

"He died yesterday." Miranda informs.

"I don't know who that is." Tracy says.

Miranda looks around and sees Dean hold up a hex bag that he found in the couch cushions.