056. ghost calls

"Are you sure you don't wanna go? We can just drop her off with Bobby." Sam says.

"No. I wanna stay with her. She's only a month old." Miranda says. "Besides I don't wanna be fighting a ghost and start spewing milk in the middle of trying not to die."

"Well, if you have enough adrenaline, you might not notice until after the fight." Sam says. Miranda looks at him. "Sorry."

"If you want so bad, just call Ruby." Miranda remarks.

"Randi..."

"I mean, you guys seem to be having the time of your lives, not letting us know that you have a giant ass target on your back. You two appear to have some fun together."

"I don't want Ruby, I want you." Sam says.

"Well, I'm staying with our daughter." Miranda says. "Even if we did leave her with Bobby, she still cries unless one of us are there, so..."

"Okay." Sam quietly  says. "Look, I'm sorry I didn't tell you about Lilith, I just-- I didn't want you to worry." Sam says.

"Oh, so I had to find out from Dean?" Miranda questions.

"I... I'm sorry." Sam tells her.

"Just go work your case, Sammy." Miranda tells him, making her way to the bathroom.

+++

Sam walks over to where Dean and Miranda are. Dean is on the phone and Miranda is tending to Carly.

"Yep. I got it. Okay, bye." Dean hangs his phone up. He throws a can of soda to Sam. "So?"

"So, the professor doesn't know shit." Sam says.

"Shocking." Dean remarks. "Pack your panties, Sammy, we're hitting the road."

"What? What's up?" Sam asks.

"That was Bobby. Some banker guy blew his head off in Ohio and he thinks there's a spirit involved." Dean says.

"So you two were talking a case?"

"No, we were actually talking about our feelings. And then our favorite boy bands. Yeah, we were talking a case!"

"So a spirit, what?"

"Yeah, the banker was talking about some sort of electrical problems at his pad for like a week. Phone was going haywire, computer was flipping on and off." Dean says.

"Huh." Sam hums.

"This is not ringing your bell?" Dean asks.

"Well, sure, yeah, but, Dean, we're already on a case."

"Whose?"

"Yours."

"Right. Yeah. Well, you coulda fooled me."

"What the hell else have we been doing lately other than trying to break your deal?"

"Chasing out tails, that's what. Sam, we've talked to every professor, witch, soothsayer, and two bit carny act in the lower 48. Nobody knows squat. And we can't find Bela, we can't find the Colt. So until we actually find something, I'd like to do my job."

"Well, there's one thing we haven't tried yet..."

"Sam, no."

"We should summon Ruby."

"I'm not gonna have this fight with you."

"She said she knows how to save you."

"Well, she can't."

"Oh, really, you know that for sure?"

"I do."

"How?"